Skateboarding

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Vinny1, Aug 23, 2010.

1. #51     Sep 24, 2012
  2. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

It's bizarre that so few people actually died while skating those giant rails or megaramps...a few years ago an am died trying a trick on el toro handrail but that's one of the only death i can think about. Every year there is about 30 people dying but 95% is when they are hit by a car.

#52     Sep 24, 2012
  3. Danny Way is another amazing skater...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2016
    #53     Sep 24, 2012
  4. Crispy

Crispy

#54     Sep 24, 2012
  5. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2016
    #55     Nov 7, 2012
  6. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

David Gonzalez elected Thrasher's Skateboarder Of the Year. Out of Medellin, Colombia he had the choice between drug wars, Farcs and skating giant rails... Giant rails give the largest life expectancy I guess.

For those who haven't seen it already( gnarliest part of the year...Hands down ):
    http://www.zapiks.fr/david-gonzalez-possessed-to-.html

#56     Dec 26, 2012
  7. fan27

fan27

dude is gnarly!!

#57     Dec 26, 2012
  8. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Dude looks like a mini-rambo.

#58     Dec 26, 2012
  9. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Not new but for those who like nice stories, this documentary and interviews relates Guy Mariano's skateboarding career, from being a Young prodigy in "video days", his magical part in "Mouse", his long downward spiral in drugs, to his desintox and come back in "fully flared". Eye opening when you think he almost got elected SOTY in 2012 at 36 years old, only losing it to madman David Gonzalez:

http://www.vice.com/epicly-later-d/guy-mariano-1-of-4

All the epicly later'd documentaries are great by the way.

#59     Jun 17, 2013
  10. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

I am getting old too, definitely moving toward becoming a mini-ramp Barney. Lately I wanted to relearn flatground tricks and ended up breaking a deck a week, landing too strong ... LOL.I wouldn't skate concrete bowls to "take it easy" though, bowls are brutal, I have seen some slams at the local bowl near my house where I thought the guy was dying, blood coming out of ears, hole in the head...Now I do like 3 little bowl runs and then hit the street section. I always say I will buy an helmet to learn bowl riding properly but never do.

#60     Jun 26, 2013