Skateboarding

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Vinny1, Aug 23, 2010.

1. #131     Dec 13, 2016
    TraDaToR likes this.
  2. m1nt

m1nt

Execution is everything and intellectual property is nothing in skateboarding.

Seasoned longboarder: What is this truck geometry? This wheel formula is crap. These bearings aren't correct, and this brand is non-core posers. I can't be seen riding this thing. These bushings suuuck.

Weekend warrior: Let's go with the cheapest most recognizable copycat brand name.

Investors: Blue skies are here again.

Sorry for being cynical. Go Motoboard!

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
    #132     Dec 14, 2016
  3. m1nt

m1nt

I didn't realize there were so many electric skateboards out there in the market. I have honestly never seen one in person. I go to various boardwalks on the East Coast several times a year.

#133     Dec 14, 2016
  4. Agree. I have only seen one in the "wild"--- a fat tired "big daddy" board. The lightness and ability to change the battery in the one above is key. It looks like you can ride it like a regular longboard despite the motor. The other electrics i have seen in skate shops are prohibitively heavy--

#134     Dec 14, 2016
  5. m1nt

m1nt

Lots of tricks can be done on longboards. Brad Edwards is one of the most stylish tranny riders I have seen, and he rides a board that is about the same size as he is. But what can be done with the electric boards? Probably just go on a beer run. Not a good marketing ploy.

With the motors in the wheels, the rebound of the urethane is probably not very good. The longboard guys are very picky when it comes to precision equipment from what I have seen. Go to their forums, and check it out yourself. I doubt they bite.

#135     Dec 15, 2016
  6. You are probably right. I havent hardcore skated since the early 90's-- rode alva, dogtown and the kryptonic plastic deck ( forget the compound) road rider wheels then kryptonics on tracker trucks.

This electric board will be my first longboard And first skate in over 25 years. So i am way out of the loop when it comes to state of the art.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    #136     Dec 15, 2016
  7. m1nt

m1nt

-- Tired Skateboards --

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][/url]hosting image[/IMG]

**someday I'll post my vintage collection... lot's of cool stuff from the 70s to about 1990... some pigs, some classics. Right now, it's scattered about in several locations.

#137     Dec 15, 2016
  8. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Tired made awesome vids.

#138     Dec 15, 2016
    m1nt likes this.