sKaLpZ' (NEXT) USD/JPY Short Trade

Discussion in 'Forex' started by sKaLpZ, Jun 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Just because you make a few successful paper trades and carry an account with less than 2k, does not mean that you own the title. Why don't you come back on this board once you make your first 100k! Until then, you're just all talk.

Like I said, your dream system. Don't be soar, short some more, no stop, until the positions comes back. You are one of the few that still believes that money management can make your losiing strategy a winner!

#21     Jul 2, 2005
  2. Skaplz just a few comments on your trading.

Sounds to me like you aren't really 'trading' but really investing.
    Sitting in a trade under water for 8 months (EUR/USD) doesn't really qualify as trading does it?

"My cable long trade is sitting down almost 1650-points... just where I want it. " Skalpz

Is your GBP/USD trade really under water 1650 pips? What is your rational for letting things go this far? Just plan to load up at the bottom and average the heck out of it? If so, why wouldn't you cut your losses on this trade at some point and start buying say 1400 pips lower than your first buy?

Seems like a lack of discipline to me, correct me if I'm wrong.

"The EUR/USD short trade didn't make me the best, good trading does." Skalpz

Once again this is not good trading. It's barely even acceptable investing. Sorry but sometimes people need to hear the truth.

Best of luck.

P.S. Good luck raising that $1,000,000. Could happen, Like P.T. Barnum said "there's one born every minute."

#22     Jul 2, 2005
  3. When you open a trade in a pair, you're trading, period.

"Investing" is when you do so with that intent in mind, i.e., something like a multi-year time frame, perhaps for interest purposes, for instance.

One of my systems is called the DHT system.

DHT stands for Deep Hole Trading.

It is a trading structure, NOT an investment structure, because I open, close and make trade adjustments on a daily basis.

Yes, one of my open trades is down 1650-points. I want it there.

Most would call that a "losing trade," freak and set a Stop Loss. But most lose.

I, on the other hand, by installing my DHT system over cable am able to manipulate positions so that I end up winning.

The structure is based on market alignment, risk tolerances and currency balances, besides a few other things I won't mention. :cool:

I could care less what losers think of my trading style. I don't trade for them.

I make money when I trade.

thescalper

#23     Jul 2, 2005
  4. hans37

hans37

Holy crap that's funny!

So did you learn your DHT method from the master of the concept, nick leeson?

#24     Jul 2, 2005
  5. KevinK

KevinK Guest

Why the hell would you design a system that digs you into a huge hole until your profitable...swift.

#25     Jul 2, 2005

6. Now that's funny! LMAO! :D

#26     Jul 2, 2005
  7. What one person may call a "losing trade" I may call "a trade in drawdown."

The bottom line is: If you have a trading structure that wins even though a trade is in drawdown.

Losers don't have this system in place.

The best they can do is.

1. Open a trade.

2. If it goes against them, call it a "bad trade" and kill it with a Stop Loss.

3. Go have a beer or beat off or both, then start again and do the same thing.

They never stop to think that, especially in forex, when you open a trade the position is AUTOMATICALLY in drawdown due to the spread being taken out.

That means every trade ever entered is a "bad trade" because it is in drawdown from the start.

After that, any IDIOT can call a trade a "bad trade" at 2-pips dwawdown, at 5-pips drawdown, at 20-pips drawdown, etc.

And MOST losers do.

#27     Jul 2, 2005
  8. Skalpz,

How much money have you made since you started trading?

What was your starting balance and what is your balance now?

My guess is you will avoid both questions!

#28     Jul 2, 2005
  9. I know someone that bought 1000 shares of NT at $80. He also is convinced he has never had a losing trade. I guess it's not a big deal being down 96% or about $77K. It's just a trade in a drawdown and it will come back eventually. LOL... why kill the trade? If you liked it at 80 you must LOVE IT at $3! LMAO

Thank goodness that these people like Skalpz exist to pay my bills.

#29     Jul 2, 2005
  10. Definitely sounding as stupid as old coinz now.

#30     Jul 2, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.