Six Steps to Better Trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Joe Ross, Oct 30, 2009.

1. I am all ears to any trading comments.

#11     Oct 31, 2009
  2. What do you think? Are you rooting for one side or the other?

If I were the OP, I would also start a trading newsletter (the kind they send via emails). OP seems to know very well the average Joe Trader, and express things in words that I would think would resonate well with Joe Trader. He can also monetize his letters easily.

#12     Nov 1, 2009
  3. Could I give the honor of the first attempt to answer to another person including the OP before I chime in ?

But I would not leave you empty handed particularly given your nice and polite request, so I would give something. My explanation also tell me that I should NOT trade with stop losses in such environment, and also from time to time be ready for the possibility of seeing my head handed to me if I were to trade in non heavy nondiversified media (SPY should not be one of them).

#13     Nov 1, 2009
  4. Thanks for the advice. I can handle trading without a stop loss when I trade stocks. But my main focus is the ES and ALL of my bad days occurred when I got stubborn and ignored my 'mental' stop loss (as I'm sure you can imagine).

#14     Nov 1, 2009
  5. Illiquid: Do you remember Neke's trading approach vs. rule 6?:)

#15     Nov 1, 2009
  6. I meant actual stops not mental. Those should always be there. One way I think of rule 6 is that I become a harvester of stops. So if I sell stops dear I should make sure that I do not buy at a higher price.. The risk being that I could be harvesting right before a steamroller... A difficulty here is: how would I know what is noise and what is noise of a steamroller, and from which direction my danger would come from?

I do some of rule 6, but with small size, not large size as stated. To fix the low return, I would repeat. My broker should of course love you for it, but they do not say as I am not an elephant at the present time.

#16     Nov 1, 2009

7. Haha, seems to work for Joe Ross!

The stuff he writes is usually either regurgitated banalities or just total garbage, his posts in this thread are a classic example....:)

He's a salesman trying to promote and sell this shit, some people are gullible enough to fall for it I guess!

#17     Nov 1, 2009
  8. I am talking about your comment to Joe Ross, sorry you did not grasp:

I am afraid to state that you DO NOT seem to satisfactorly understand what statistical models are. There are two parts: statistics and the model. You focused on the numbers. You do not understand the model part.

#18     Nov 2, 2009
  9. #5 is my favorite.
    A disclaimer.
    What the crap!

#19     Nov 2, 2009
  10. It's all just platitudes, I guess there must be money in selling the patently obvious.....

#20     Nov 2, 2009