Six biblical truths about money...

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by expiated, Mar 24, 2019.

1. SunTrader

SunTrader

The old Chick-Fil-A and the Egg question.

:sneaky:

#51     Apr 4, 2019
    userque likes this.
  2. userque

userque

I disagree.

I've already dealt with the "believes" thing. Regardless as to what's right or wrong with it, the bottom line is:

Whether you believe there was nothing ... then a sudden, mystical BANG.

Or whether you believe there were membranes that, for some unknown reason, happen to be floating around in ... nothing ... and collided with each other creating multiple big BANGS;

With these theories, you still have to accept, on faith, that out of nowhere came a big bang. Or out of nowhere there just happen to be a bunch of 'membranes' floating around.

That's not math, that's a choice.

#52     Apr 4, 2019
    GRULSTMRNN likes this.
  3. SunTrader

SunTrader

Huh?

#53     Apr 4, 2019
  4. userque

userque

I'll simplify:

The fifth grade teacher was a public school teacher, yet, said something religious.

#54     Apr 4, 2019
  5. userque

userque

I wish them the best.

Ok. I'm not sure what they do. I can only speak for myself.

Oh, ok. I'll take your word that that's what they believe.

I believe that the word of God is infallible. Humans are not infallible. I believe the original inspired texts, in their original language are infallible. Translations are another matter.

"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."

#55     Apr 4, 2019
    GRULSTMRNN likes this.
  6. SunTrader

SunTrader

Obviously - you had one of the rare teachers who didn't believe (that word again) in the separation of state and religion just like our current President doesn't believe in the sanctity of marriage his first second or third. Nonetheless the religious far right believe in him, to which he says Thank God.

#56     Apr 4, 2019
  7. userque

userque

I hear ya. :) Yeah, I thought it was odd that she said that. Came out of nowhere. No one in the class said anything.

#57     Apr 4, 2019
  8. userque

userque

I never said that. I question anything I want to question. How many questioned God in the bible? He generally didn't seem to mind. We wouldn't have free will if we couldn't question. God doesn't seem to want a bunch of robot followers. He seems to want willing followers.

It is through questions that we learn.

Science is science until you have to accept a premise. With the big bang theory, the premise you must accept, on faith, is that out of nothing, came the universe. Or, that membranes just happen to be floating around, and that if they should happen to collide, a universe is born.

After you accept these premises on faith alone, then the science starts.

"Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend."

#58     Apr 4, 2019
  9. stu

stu

No God then. :p

#59     Apr 4, 2019
  10. userque

userque

Correct, according to the big bang theory.

#60     Apr 4, 2019