Six 22" monitor setup

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by LEAPup, Aug 6, 2010.

1. LEAPup

LEAPup

Outstanding bro!!!!!

Good stuff!

I like to help people. No, I don't stop and throw $$$ to the panhandlers who stand staggering drunk at every other interesction. But, I get a gut feeling and go with it, and this guy and his best friend needed some ice cold water, and some food for their journey home.:)

#41     Aug 9, 2010
  2. Good for you guys!!!

I usually try to help people who posted legit questions on ET based on what I know. But I will ignore those who said "hey... I need to make some money... fast! I need 45k for a new car. Where do I start? What do I need to know?"

Is that similar? LOL

Oh yeah... those who added "respond ASAP"...

#42     Aug 9, 2010
  3. BCE

BCE

I'm like that too on these boards. And that's very funny about who you DON'T help. :) BTW, sorry if we diverged a bit from the monitors theme. Just some traders/good people interacting.

#43     Aug 9, 2010
  4. I think this people just take a look at this forum and want to make spam for their purpose. no need to answer question like that :D

#44     Aug 10, 2010
  5. LEAPup

LEAPup

Thanks for all of the great replies guys! There are good folks on this board. Just takes a lot of patience weeding through the ones who aren't serious, are complete knuckleheads, or as stated earlier, want to make some quick money to buy a car or something silly.

#45     Aug 10, 2010
  6. so, are you building or buying your new rig :confused:

#46     Aug 10, 2010
  7. LEAPup

LEAPup

Going to build it. (With some help!:) )

#47     Aug 10, 2010
  8. ggod.

have you chosen your cpu and motherboard..all else follows from there

#48     Aug 10, 2010
  9. LEAPup

LEAPup

That's been the hard part. Like everyone else, I want lightning speed, and reliability without breaking the piggy bank. I'm ONLY using the setup for trading, and a separate computer for ET, skype, surfing ebaymotors.com, etc.,

After all, I'm writing a check this week.:(

#49     Aug 10, 2010
  10. If you're getting an Intel CPU, then X58 or P55 mobo will be just fine. If AMD CPU, then 890 mobo... just make sure you get one with enough x16 slots for the video cards to power the number of monitors you want to run and enough PCI slots to run your legacy devices, if any.

Or, you could buy the T3500 on Dell Outlet... with Xeon W3565, 3.20Ghz CPU, and FirePro v5800 video card (which you could sell on eBay for about $300)... then pick up Quadro NVS 295 video cards and be in the deal for about $1000.

#50     Aug 10, 2010