SITTING SENATOR TED STEVENS (R) CONVICTED TODAY -- Does Perp Walk

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bigdavediode, Oct 27, 2008.

1. ONE OF ONLY FIVE SITTING SENATORS EVER CONVICTED IN THE HISTORY OF THE SENATE -- FIRST SINCE 1981.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Republican Alaska Sen. Ted Stevens was convicted of seven corruption charges Monday in a trial that threatened to end the 40-year career of Alaska's political patriarch in disgrace. The verdict, coming barely a week before Election Day, increased Stevens' difficulty in winning what already was a difficult race against Democratic challenger Mark Begich. Democrats hope to seize the once reliably Republican seat as part of their bid for a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5je6Pw1sViz24JRo9F0PNhoqMtzTwD9433UV80

2. Again, not even one comment from any Republicans on the board?

Are we seeing cognitive dissonance at work in real life?

3. The worst part is he won't resign, so the media will start hysterically putting pressure on other Republicans to denounce him.
    He'll probably cost the GOP 2 extra-senate seats and 1 point i the general.

Remember Foley, he made the 2006 election tip. This guy is a Godsend gift to the DEMS

4. The "worst" part?

That's sounds okay to me. If you've ever heard Ted "the Internet is made of tubes" Stevens speak on technology issues the guy should have been removed years ago.

Alaska voters obviously needed to have a little help in removing their dead wood.

5. I only happen to be an ex-enterprise architect @ IBM responsible for architectural large distributed banking systems for UBS/ Deutsche bank.

I have no idea how the internet works :)

No Seriously, I just heard Gates, The Sec of Def saying he never uses email..
    99.99 % of politicians are CLUELESS about the internet, Stevens is the norm.

6. Not surprising from the party that rigs elections as a matter of policy:

[​IMG]

7. I saw this guy's interview on Bill Maher, He's small Republican operative that was never authorized by the party to do what he did.
    And what did he do ? Jam phone lines that were getting out the vote.
    Excuse me, but if you need someone to call you on election day to TELL YOU to go to vote, you're too lazy, too stupid and might as well stay at home.

Stay on topic, please

8. Oh puhleeze.

Have you read the Republican voter caging emails that leaked out?

9. Nope. Voter suppression is nothing new. Let's not make such a big deal out of it, they tried it before, they'll try it every time. It probably costs the dems 0.5 points per election. let's not blow things out of proportion.
    The effect of Nader running in 2000 in Florida is major, bigger than these tricks

10. This I agree with.

That's all it takes.

#10     Oct 28, 2008