Sitting on the edge of a cliff

Discussion in 'Trading' started by MrDODGE, Mar 9, 2008.

1. dhyde

dhyde

"elimination of the uptick rule"

It's amazing to me that this never gets any attention. It's also amazing (coincidence????) the parallels between it's abolishment and the volatility spiking from July on. I wish someone could explain why the regulators "all of a sudden" decided to elimate this rule - please elaborate if you know. I also truly believe and have said so for awhile, that when this crisis is all said and done and we are discussing it in a history class, the professor will attempt to draw parallels between this and the program trading fiasco in '87. I feel at some point in the near future we are going to wish that they never got rid of that rule which had been so firmly in place for over seventy years.

When you look at the historic delevering process that is taking place and the amount of dollars that are involved, the ultimate cascading effect that can (and in my mind will) take place due to the elimination of this rule will be an incredible site to witness. I feel confident in saying abolishing this rule will bite us all in the ass before this cyle is through. I'm crossing my fingers though.

#12     Mar 9, 2008
  2. Sorry...but you need to go back to school....basically Econ 101.
    I came from THE GREATEST school of free market economics...whose professor recently passed-away.
    (Go figure it out from that....your homework assignment has been given)
    He taught Futures trading over 35 YEARs ago.
    He'll tell you that the UPTICK RULE is total bullshit...and against "free markets" and all they stand for.

"SHAME ON YOU"
    (a frequent quote from "the professor")
    Note: if you are from University of Columbia , I UNDERSTAND....(Note: seek help ASAP !)

#13     Mar 9, 2008
  3. I feel confident in saying abolishing this rule will bite us all in the ass before this cyle is through.
    --------------------------------------

1) If you wish to correlate the elimination of the uptick rule, you can do it.

2) We have a new and improved PPT. We don't need no stinkin uptick rule.

#14     Mar 9, 2008

4. You missed the following:

1/ Sky is falling
    2/Titanic is sinking while the band plays on
    3/Its all over now
    4/Real Estate will never come back
    5/We are done
    6/ Economy is in recession
    7/I am entitled to things I dont deserve
    8/I am a deluded depressed psycho behind musty green curtains armed with a keyboard in dire needs for hospitalization.

#15     Mar 10, 2008

5. There is no point reading demise of those tight fisted marbled floored Bankers. These giants will not go down and your deluded stock fantasy will never come true. Try shorting something easy they have too many tricks up their sleeves.. they are the real traders.

#16     Mar 10, 2008

6. How about immediate hospitalization in County Mental ward?

#17     Mar 10, 2008
  7. dhyde

dhyde

"SHAME ON YOU"

hey momo..i mean syswizard....i'm not sitting here making a case for/against the rule..I'm simply stating the combination of a historic deleveraging with the elimination of this rule at the same time is a matter of bad timing that will have it's day. AND I'M 40% SHORT JACKASS...so don't lecture me on econ 101 you fuking goob. The point is just an observation and seems fairly obvious to me but oh well - why bother right?

Also, Nice Columbia comment .. that was cute..really...good one...i liked it...very clever....I never would have thought of that...u have talent..really..i mean it..ur good .... syswizard..good name..really..it is...I mean it...great name...very clever...oh yeah homework...man ur quick....b back

#18     Mar 10, 2008