Sitting comfortably while doing daytrading?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mizhael, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Interesting. Where is this website? I need to study a bit about this...

#11     Feb 11, 2009
  2. ehorn

ehorn

Ergotron

#12     Feb 15, 2009
  3. #14     Feb 15, 2009
  4. folks, what type of keyboard do you use?

I am asking for the keyboard of a desktop PC.

I just bought a quadcore desktop PC and was wondering how to make my daytrading setup maximally comfortable?

For mouse, I am using the Logitech Trackman... any better ones?

Once I also had a mouse, which I can put it on my pants to control the computer, instead of putting on the desk. I am now not very sure whether having the freedom of putting on my pants to control the computer is more comfortable than literally putting it on the desk...

#16     Feb 16, 2009
  5. Your eyes will likely get ruined from being focused in too close all day. The human eye has evolved (designed if you're Sarah Palin or George Bush) to look at a distance. It is only meant to look close up for short periods.

I found my eyes were aching from long days at the computer and getting more and more myopic. I tried everything with different screens etc. Finally what I found really works is to wear weak prescription glasses to simulate looking at a distance. To find which prescription works, simply take your normal presription and add 1.5. If your normal prescription is -3.25, add 1.5 = -1.75. If your eyes are 20/20 or a prescription of 0, add 1.5 to equal +1.5. For plus glasses you can get them cheap at the dollar store, for negative glasses you can get them reasonable at Zenni optical.

#17     Feb 16, 2009
  6. #18     Feb 16, 2009
  7. nexx

nexx

#19     Feb 16, 2009