Site that really sucks

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by AAAintheBeltway, Dec 11, 2002.

1. grand prix was holding AZO.so far this month he has had INFY ROOM FRX AZO all blow up.this guy is amazing.

#21     Dec 13, 2002
  2. DO a search for the thread where Tony Oz proved that his performance numbers were bogus then restate your claim spammer.

#22     Dec 13, 2002
  3. nkhoi

nkhoi

he sells the signal, I paid $500/m in 2000 base on a money manager recommended, the actual performance was loosing streak 4 in a row, seldom win, bottom line -12k for me.

#23     Dec 13, 2002
  4. How long did you use it and did you follow it exactly? Your performance is worse than his worst claimed drawdown. I thought his numbers looked too good to be true.

#24     Dec 13, 2002
  5. nkhoi

nkhoi

6/4/01 - 9/7/01 take all signal (by my broker), his current 'history' perform. records are diff from his old 'history' perform records.

#25     Dec 13, 2002
  6. a trick that some of these guys use is they optimize their system every few months, redo the backtesting and magically produce results that no one could have achieved in real time. Very sleazy in my opinion. If you look at the CTA reports in Futures mag, you will see that NO ONE produces the kind of numbers that these guys selling $1500 systems claim to generate. Either these CTA's are unbelievably stupid or there are some problems with the performance numbers.

#26     Dec 20, 2002
  7. ges

ges

Bernie Schaeffer is one of the great self-promoters in the vendor business (of course, the succesful one's have to be great self-promoters. And it seems to have little to do with their real abilities.)

I tried one of Bernie's options services and was lucky to get out without losing too much money. Talk about stinkers!

Bernie's marketing techniques include touting all these 100% option winners!!!! But anybody who knows options understands how meaningless this can be.

I asked the salesman on the phone if he could provide some track record information and he was good enough to send me two quarters worth. Guess what? Horrible losses! And Bernie was being very bearish on the market at the time, which was exactly the right call, but it didn't translate into success with his option picks. Sure he had some 100% winners, but they were swamped by all the many losers.

My subscription was supposed to be auto-renewed, but it was dropped...which was fine with me..saved me the trouble. But I always wondered if my mentioning this stuff on message boards had anything to do with my being dropped. Seems unlikely, but...?

I doubt that they provide those kinds of track records anymore and I've wondered if the poor salesman got in trouble over it.

gs

#27     Dec 21, 2002