Site Problems this Morning.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Baron, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Yeah. A lot. Just as some examples:

Attach multiple charts to a single post.
    Thumbnails previews for each attachment.

Easily quote multiple posts in a single reply.

A separate area for posting your trades or market outlook and have users that follow you be notified of those updates. So in other words, you'll be able to develop your own following of users.

Mark threads as favorites. See the threads that other users you follow mark as favorites

Enhanced searching on a per thread or per forum basis.

Set up a private discussion threads that only can be seen and participated in by users you invite (and optionally users they invite).

And way more.

#11     Feb 4, 2013
  2. gmst

gmst

Awesome, what took you all these years to add all these functionalities? Were you busy with your other businesses?

#12     Feb 4, 2013
  3. Baron

Baron ET Founder

The homepage content won't really change much on the new version so that's not an issue.

#13     Feb 4, 2013
  4. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Adding all that is not as easy as it sounds, as it has also not been done before on other sites to my satisfaction. My intention is to break some new ground in this area in terms of features and usability. Today was just a small setback on the road to glory. :D

#14     Feb 4, 2013
  5. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I love the new version...keep it. In many ways, it seems like I don't see a lot of the junk being posted.

Yet, it looks like when you rolled "back" to the old version...it deleted the message posts made when the new version was in use.

#15     Feb 4, 2013
  6. Baron

Baron ET Founder

That's because the old and the new are not really interchangeable, meaning that they can't share the same database.

#16     Feb 4, 2013
  7. mark_mm

mark_mm

Will the new site make me a profitable trader? :D

#17     Feb 4, 2013
  8. zdreg

zdreg

'Set up a private discussion threads that only can be seen and participated in by users you invite (and optionally users they invite). '

transparency is much more important. well written posts will never see the light of the day. pm (private messaging]was sufficient.

rethink it.:mad:

#18     Feb 4, 2013
  9. Baron

Baron ET Founder

All the regular public messaging functions will still be the primary means of communication. What I'm referring to is simply an extension to the current PM system that allows you to PM multiple people at once, and as they reply back to you, it all shows up in your PM box like it's one big private discussion thread between all of you.

#19     Feb 4, 2013
  10. Ok, so if threads continue to be accessible to everyone, that's fine, otherwise it will kill the forum with newbies excluded from a lot of good stuff.

Group conversations that function like mass PMs would be like private chat rooms, which is an enhancement that does not detract from existing norms.

#20     Feb 4, 2013