Site Errors

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by pisspotpete, Jan 13, 2004.

1. I get these errors often lately:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Too many connections in E:\www2\vb\admin\db_mysql.php on line 40

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
    Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise [sic] for any inconvenience.

Is the site too popular now, or is it just a scheme to keep me from posting - Who's gonna keep the self-involved arrogant a-holes in line??? :p

2. i get something like "database error" every day. maybe time to trade that shiny viper in on another server or two.. :-/

3. Don't use Dialup then:D

4. Sounds like a basic parameter in either the PHP module or the mySQL module under "Maximum connections allowed" ... or something to that effect.

Shouldn't need a new server for that, the site is fast.

5. I thought it was just "dem bad guys" trying to keep me off the board.LOL.... I'm sure that even Baron has a glitch every now and then.

I hope to see you, Baron, in NYC again....perhaps we can actually get some more of the ET'ers to agree on something (at least a meeting time/place)....as we all know, they don't seem to agree on much.....

I'll ask Cash Coyne to start a thread with a meeting time for his ET remote traders, and invite everyone else as well. Cash?

Don

6. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Even before the most recent errors, I had already adjusted the max_connections_allowed variable from 300 to 500. It still appears that 500 is not enough to handle the random spikes in traffic, which is what's causing the occasional error message. I'll ratchet it up some more...

7. I wish my name was Cash Coyne...even better would be Hugh Johnson! :eek: