Sirius and XM Announce Merger

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Handsome, Feb 19, 2007.

1. Chood

Chood

Today may test whether I got the appetizer only, leaving the real bear meal on the table.

#31     Feb 27, 2007
  2. Chood

Chood

Gotta hand it to Mel.

Just when it appeared he couldn't repeat the prix de helium he won for Howard Stern, he sets an entirely new bear banquet with this merger news. I gotta a taste, but others are feasting.

#32     Mar 9, 2007
  3. S2007S

S2007S

SIRI entering 52 week low area again, would go long for a small trade back to 3.65-3.80 area.

#33     Mar 10, 2007
  4. what a pos

peaks at 4.2 that day of the merger and now almost a dollar lower

If siri did a 10-1 reverse split the stock would trend higher.

#34     Mar 10, 2007
  5. Chood

Chood

I guess that two-thirds of the 3 dollar price that obtains now simply expresses the probability of a buyout bid. Stock is not worth more than a buck, in other words, except as a target.

#35     Apr 17, 2007
  6. Chood

Chood

This is for the observers and others who say trading and markets are cold and unfriendly --

My personal thanks to Mel and Howard for two wonderful, drop-dead cinch moneymaking opportunities. (And both absolutely free of charge). Fetish radio at a whopping seven dollars a share (and more!) and a proposed merger of two companies both of which lose money (and at better than four dollars a pop for Sirius). Hard to believe I know. For me, those were the best such set-ups since the priceless Priceline commercial -- you know the one: Shatner on a stage spouting poetry beat style. Anyone recall the era of that ad?

I say thanks now because either or both of them (Mel and Howard) could be out of these jobs soon (before the end of this year, I foresee), and I don't want to miss the chance.

#36     May 22, 2007
  7. You're dreaming if you think they'll be out of jobs the end of the year...that's one of silliest statements I've read on here in a long time. Could happen, but will take a few years.

#37     May 22, 2007
  8. Chood

Chood

My call is educated guesswork. Beware: ET is littered with the remains of posters who've challenged my visions and lost.

It would help the stock if adults enter the picture, oust the present crowd, and make over Sirius. That's one reason I foresee a change. That's why I wouldn't short it again, even though above 2 and anywhere close to 3 is laughably over priced.

#38     May 23, 2007