Sirius and XM Announce Merger

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Handsome, Feb 19, 2007.

1. topdown

topdown

02-11-07 07:09 PM

- The Wedbush upgrade of SIRI drew my attention to have a look at the chart. It is near a 52 week low, so if one wanted to bet on the SIRI / XM merger that is all the talk, now may be the time to get in. I see limited downside risk and if the merger does happen, both stocks may see a surge. The risk / reward may just pay-off. I don't see SIRI going belly up anytime soon.

Above is pasted from my reply to stonedinvestors 2/10 "Barron's Game". I bought in on 2/12 at $3.68. I have no idea how the street will react to the "merger" (although it sounds more like SIRI is buying XMSR to me), but anything above $4 for SIRI works pretty good for me.

#11     Feb 19, 2007
  2. Oh man.

I've been an XMSR sub for a few years. I'm addicted to the "Old Time Radio" shows.

Hope they don't fark it up... :(

#12     Feb 19, 2007
  3. Hahahaha,

It's the only way SIRI can avoid facing bankruptcy.

That company has no hope of making a profit, let alone getting into a decent fiscal situation.

#13     Feb 19, 2007
  4. And I've been with SIRI for a little over a year and it's all I listen to when trading. And the only way I can listen is their online player.

So, I too, hope they don't mess this up!!

#14     Feb 19, 2007
  5. I've never understood why they didnt integrate GPS into their receivers, and transmit location based ads on certain channels. Integrate a vid display with rudimentary language. And your car drives along a certain street, the GPS receives the ads from the closest stores, and their discounts.

#15     Feb 19, 2007
  6. actually you can do location based ads on the telephone screens, when not being used but turned on.

#16     Feb 19, 2007
  7. Pile of crap + pile of crap = bigger pile of crap.

Do you know anyone who has a Sat radio? I don;t.

#17     Feb 19, 2007
  8. Blockbuster and Netflix would be a good merger also.

#18     Feb 20, 2007
  9. Mvic

Mvic

This is funny, I tuned in to watch Mel Karmazan on Crammer a few weeks ago and saw him saying that this deal was not even being considered at the time. Either they put this thing together real fast or the guy is a great liar.

#19     Feb 20, 2007
  10. I have it. Most of my friends have it.
    And my friends and I are as cool as can be. :D

#20     Feb 20, 2007