Siri/xmsr

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by 2yearNewbie, Mar 2, 2006.

1. Alot of people love to believe that these company's are the wave of the future when it comes to radio. Let me go on record as saying neither one will be around in 5-7 years. Their numbers don't make sense and never will. And please don't compare them to what people said about cable in the early 80's. They are not comparable.

Anyone opinions here? I really don't care how much anyone is short or long, just looking for some good opinions on their future here.

2. they will be around because they have a saleable service. that does not mean that current stockholders will always have equity. i see them going bk at some point to unload all of the expensive talent contracts that they are signing right now.

3. "Their numbers don't make sense and never will. And please don't compare them to what people said about cable in the early 80's. They are not comparable."

Why not?

I would keep my subscription if they doubled the cost. Sirius costs about as much as HBO. I watch HBO maybe 10-15 hours a month, I listen to Sirius at least 120 hours a month.

Disclosure...I have never owned/shorted SIRI/XMSR