Single Stock Options too expensive due to today`s IV?

Discussion in 'Options' started by antares66, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Is someone trading single stock options in these days? I mean the overall IV is extreme high. The only thing i could imagine to trade are SPY options.
    Would like to know your opinion.

systematictrader likes this.
  2. I paper traded some Boeing. Sold calls. Almost doubled my money.

Proof attached.

3. Not necessarily for all of them, altho volatility raises their prices there is still
    Some cheap ones,, i trade exclusively options and i have a little calculator i use to
    Compare how expensive or cheap option are on a stock percentage wise when comparing apple to apple,,, for example now GE calls are significantly more expensive than wfc calls,, demand on options can drastically affect the price beyond fair value and the greeks thus you got to look,, some
    Options where they are cheaper now for reals is X, WFC, SLV, expensive option you got CCL, NCLH, PENN,,, this is assuming your comparing identical ones for example a strike thats ten percent out of the money for may,, doesnt have to be same strike but same distance and same month to get an idea and then calculated as a percentage of the stock

4. jys78

jys78

Presumably, many people are. The trading volume on these instruments is readily available information.

Indexes are themselves comprised of single stocks. Their options likewise represent an aggregate of single stock IV.