Single Stock Futures (SSF)

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by garfangle, Jan 28, 2002.

1. I think that single stock futures SSF will debut this spring but I would like to know how it will impact trading especially on shorting or with bullets. It seems that all the negative aspects of shorting (up tick rule) will be eliminated, the cost will be lower than options, and that leverage will increase significantly.

Since I am new at trading, I do not know if you will be able to trade SSFs on ECNs or through MM/SOES. How will this impact the way intraday trading is done? Moreover, would you have to get an additional license to trade futures professionally?

2. If they end up being traded like other futures contracts - you'll need a futures trading account (not your current equity account) and no MM/ECN or SOES/ISLD/etc. stuff

They'll only have a meaningful impact on normal equity trading if there's enough volume. Otherwise, they'll wind up being a solution in search of a problem.

3. has anyone heard new information on the topic ? www.onechicago.com does not state something new, however, if they stick to their plans they should start off in some weeks... any info appreciated.

sascha