Single most important book for a trader

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Daal, Jan 22, 2003.

1. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

#51     Mar 13, 2006

2. neely's book is hands down the only elliott book that matters.

best,

surfer

#52     Mar 13, 2006
  3. in my years of trading and studying the market--- i have found that the way one thinks about the market is key. in this regard--

education of a speculator by niederhoffer is the all time top trading/market book.

best wishes,

surfer

#53     Mar 13, 2006
  4. #54     Mar 13, 2006
  5. i gotta agree with riskmanager

game theory is where it's at.

i love niederhoffer as well. don't find it particularly USEFUL, but i find it interesting

trading is all about managing risk, imo. that's why game theory is so important (imnsho).

investing is different. investing - i would recommend lynch (one up on wallstreet), buffett, graham, etc.

but for trading - game theory baybee

saw the movie rogue trader for the first time the other day btw. classic

#55     Mar 13, 2006
  6. Superperformance Stocks by Richard Love

#56     Mar 13, 2006

7. I checked this book out of the library and can't get anything out of it. I never read it so figured what the hell? Can you please give me a clue? Thank you.

#57     Mar 13, 2006
  8. tyrant

tyrant

Education Of A Speculator is a good read if you already have a trading framework or a concept of what you want or are looking into the thought process of a great trader to further improve your understanding. It is of not much value to somebody who is just learning how to trade.

Different traders have different "best trading book" depending on what clicks with them. Here is a list of trading books I like.

#58     Mar 13, 2006
  9. Excellent list tyrant.

#59     Mar 14, 2006