Single most important book for a trader

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Daal, Jan 22, 2003.

1. I remember reading a article about daytraders in playboy one time on the toilet :D

#21     Jan 23, 2003
  2. A great book to get you to think in probabilities.

Against the Gods

kp

#22     Jan 24, 2003
  3. Trading Systems and Methods
    by Perry J. Kaufman
    One of the most comprehensive book on trading.

#23     Jan 24, 2003
  4. I agree with many of the preceding picks but for me, the absolute best was West of Wall Street by Angell and Haigh. I'm sure most of you will hate it. Also, Gary Smith's book on trading the S&P's really put some things together for me. This is not the RealMoney Gary Smith. I forgot the exact name, as I got it from him directly as a trading manual. Although they are way overpriced and I have my doubts about a lot of what he claims, I think some of the Joe Ross books are valuable. If nothing else they teach you the importance of reading every bar carefully. For options traders of course Natenberg is mandatory.

#24     Jan 24, 2003
  5. #25     Jan 24, 2003
  6. Mentioned often here so far and excellent.

May also want to read its companion on Livermore "Jesse Livermore World's Greatest Stock Trader" by Richard Smitten. There are many jewels in this one as well as a lot of detail on just how Livermore operated day to day and the financial times he lived through.

I needed to be reminded that 9/11 was not the first market shock.
    Livermore went through the 1906 SF quake (short), 1907 Crash where Morgan personally asked him to lay off the shorts, Lusitania (can't remember) and 10/29 break (short - he was blamed) and a pile of others. One thing I thought was really strange was his view of "serendipitous events" in his favor. This book says he would close out immediately, take his money and go to cash - thus abandonning a well thought out plan that would have made him a pile trading in that same direction had the event not occured. Lot of stuff like this.

#26     Jan 24, 2003
  7. =========================================
    Jack Schwagers 4 books.[ 3 Top traders books and Technical Analysis book isnt limited to preschoolers] Good question ;wouldnt limit to one book.

Most on elitetraders book reviews are must reads AND
    rereads.:cool:

=====

''In all labor there is profit'' Solomon

#27     Jan 25, 2003
  8. You daily trading log and diary. There is no greater or more important book to read.

Unfortunately,there is no comprehensive bookl that covers fundamental analysis, technical analysis in great depth, trading psychology, money management , sentiment analysis, and illustrate the way to weave them all into a profitable trading approach.

::confused:

#28     Jan 25, 2003
  9. Well there's another tough guy he needs to look out for... this former Soviet special forces trainer:
    http://www.dragondoor.com/v102.html

#29     Jan 25, 2003
  10. prox

prox

for me,

Mind Over Markets

for the general trader,

Reminsciences

#30     Feb 19, 2003