single moms barely making it on 300k/year

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by marketsurfer, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Totally meaningless.

She makes 3X's the average household income for an American because she lives near a MAJOR metropolitan city where the cost of living and taxation is easily 3X's the national average.

#21     Aug 17, 2009
  2. JB3

JB3

Trophy wives don't do prenups. Both sides know what they are getting into.

#22     Aug 17, 2009

3. always remember income taxes also.....most of these high mid salary people get slammed with taxes as they don't have any substantial write offs other than the house.

i bet her take home is well below 150k

surf

#23     Aug 17, 2009
  4. martymjp

martymjp

Needs to sell the house and move across the Tappan Zee to a town like Tappan which is much more affordable

#24     Aug 17, 2009
  5. my suggestion is to marry a frugal skank, and spend a few bucks once in a while on a bimbo.

#25     Aug 17, 2009
  6. RobtF

RobtF

Right, she must be dim. Reason # C) for not selling her house, "its where my job is." Why not commute 30 minutes like everybody else.

#26     Aug 17, 2009
  7. LoL, prenuptial agreement are contracts, set it up properly will ensure what you are getting into. It is 2way street. Without it, you are in the mercy of court of law, which most likely will favor the female, unless you are as famous as Sir Paul McCartney. :D

#27     Aug 17, 2009
  8. Live-in nanny, $2.5 mil house, $75K a year in tax free child support, $150K a year in income, $50K a year in investment income and having trouble making ends meet. Wow, what a truly tragic story. An American classic.

#28     Aug 17, 2009
  9. cstfx

cstfx

It wasn't news but rather a social commentary about one's excesses. Especially making the point about taking the son to the dentist while the nanny sits there without health insurance. This article was not sympathetic to her situation.

#29     Aug 17, 2009
  10. Clearly, 'living within ones means' is a lost art in this country
    perhaps the govt. will enact a program to help

#30     Aug 17, 2009