Singapore set-ups

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by BlueHorseshoe, Oct 15, 2005.

1. #11     Oct 17, 2005
  2. def

def Sponsor

You may want to take a look at Interactive Brokers. An affiliate of the Interactive Brokers Group, is a member of SGX. IB has many Singaporean clients. The lone caveat is that the only products offered via IB in Singapore at this time are futures and options.

#12     Oct 17, 2005
  3. Thank you all for the replies. Actually, my main interested is trading futures and options on the Korean KOSPI. Refco would give me access to this market...and Fimat. However, Fimat doesn't seem to be interested in dealing with me, pretty arrogant company, it seems. They don't know what they're missing... :D .

I guess I have to stick with the Korean brokers, although getting through to them is quite a hassle.

#13     Oct 17, 2005
  4. Def,

Are the rates / fees / procedures in opening an IB account from Singapore the same as those in the US?

#14     Oct 17, 2005
  5. def

def Sponsor

yes, fees are the same for all clients no matter where they reside. there might be some additional risk disclosures to sign depending on where someone is located but it is all spelled out clearly during the account opening process.

#15     Oct 17, 2005
  6. Thanks for the quick reply.

For non-US taxpayers opening an account in Singapore to trade US futures, do they face any kind of US withholding tax?

#16     Oct 17, 2005
  7. def

def Sponsor

you'd fill out a W8 and nothing should be withheld.

marsupilini, korean futures/options should be available via IB very soon.

#17     Oct 17, 2005
  8. TickJob

TickJob

I am in Singapore:D with IB for 5 years already, IB not just offer futures and options to Singapore, it offer everything to everybody in the world.:D

#18     Oct 17, 2005