Sincere opinion on Oanda

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by mr.az, Aug 2, 2010.

1. jrlvnv

jrlvnv

Ok, I have misspoke by accident a tad. This situation happened about a year ago the minor details slipped away. It was .7 of a pip and not 7 pips. Why didn't I record it? It wasn't my computer but I saw it with my own eyes. My friends comment on it was a few F bombs, and saying that's what bucket shops do.

I actually liked Oanda. Was simple and fast and I never had a problem with being connected. I just never could know whether I was getting a fair shake.

Judging on the wonderful reputation forex I am surprised at the response from most people here.

Again I apologize for misstating the pips but .7 on a 10 mil trade is some nice pocket money.

#21     Aug 4, 2010
  2. Wow, world of difference, but still unacceptable to see 7 pipettes difference.

#22     Aug 4, 2010
  3. mr.az

mr.az

if you watch the quotes for quite sometime and compare it to currenex,you will somewhat know that MBTrading is a ECN market maker

anyway why bother paying so much?:confused:

#23     Aug 4, 2010
  4. mr.az

mr.az

so who are you with now? is it cheaper then oanda? (inclusive of commish)

#24     Aug 4, 2010
  5. #25     Aug 4, 2010
  6. The biggest proof that his assumptions are untrue is the existence of FXcompare. I always get the same quotes there when comparing my executed trades. You can do it via VPN if you wanna do it anonymously

#26     Aug 4, 2010
  7. mr.az

mr.az

you register on ET just to backed Oanda's up? are you working with Oanda? :p

#27     Aug 4, 2010
  8. jrlvnv

jrlvnv

i understand why some people might not choose to believe me. why are you protecting oanda? What is your affiliation with them? I see you just registered with elitetrader. why do you feel the need to register and defend oanda the same day you register?

look oanda is a bucket shop. i believe they have have a algorithm to change a customers quote based on their overall exposure to a certain market. if they didn't hedge themselves against a large order and forcing them to be overexposed in a market, i believe is was in their best interest to start playing with quotes in the account in which the order was made (hence 2 quotes from 2 accounts from 2 different open platforms.)

i know what I saw. Choose not to believe me, fine, continue to live in fantasy land or defend your company, whatever your motive is.

do you think i have a bone to pick with oanda? Search my posts. at no time did I ever say anything bad about them. I never said they stole my funds and won't give it back. So go ahead mr one poster, keep saying I am lying. I have a whole lot to gain by making up my story. /sighs

#28     Aug 5, 2010
  9. mr.az

mr.az

have you ask you friend to compare his trades [based on transaction history] with http://fxlabs.oanda.com/cgi/fxlabs.pl?n=fxcompare ?

or perhaps their tick data

if you were right,you may be able to file a dispute,im not sure about suing them as mention by fuji (i believe) in oanda's forum

#29     Aug 5, 2010

10. Isn't this fxcompare thing prove that Oanda doesn't engage in individual pricing ?

#30     Aug 5, 2010