Since when did Globex ban market orders in AH trading?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by saliva, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Don't tell me that Globex is now revamping itself as the 21st century ECN! {spit, spit}

2. It would help if you would provide some information as to why you are asking this question.

3. When I placed a market order about 20 minutes ago, a message popped up stating that the order will not be executed until the RTH kicks into gear. Then I found this in the Order Settings.

[​IMG]

• ah.png
      File size:
      40.6 KB
      Views:
  4. Whimsy

Whimsy Guest

Make it a limit order at or better than the current market. GLOBEX does not accept market orders. IB simulates market orders and maybe does not do so during non-RTH sessions.

5. C'mon, it wasn't only yesterday that I started trading at IB, let alone sending market orders in the AH session. I've done this for years and never once had any problem. BTW, I use MIT orders.

Be that as it may, I'm not so much bitching about market orders per se (market or limit makes no difference for me, really) but how the game and the encompassing rules are changing so dramatically of late. I'm afraid we're merely scratching the tip of an iceberg. There surely will be more to come to strangle all of us, eventually.

6. You ever get to the bottom of this with market orders in after hours? I've been sim trading the after hours lately so this would be good to know.

7. Stok

Stok

After hours Globex has never accepted market orders.