Since nobody else will ask, I will... Does Islam have a problem?

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by FortuneTeller, May 25, 2017.

1. The so-called civilized world been bombing the homes of these people for the last 30 years. What do you people expect from them?
    Throw you flowers! :D
    Give me a break!

#31     Jul 31, 2017
    yiehom likes this.
  2. #32     Jul 31, 2017
  3. Humpy

Humpy

The people that Isis bullied for years are at last free again thanks to the West.
    I see there is a strong contingent of Yadizi girls who were raped and tortured have returned to get their revenge. Good for them.

#33     Jul 31, 2017
  4. I hope that after modern day science and technology can transform desert to farmland, backed by solar energy generation, the living conditions and quality over middle east and north Africa can improve very much. Some negative impacts due to such as religions could be much reduced concurrently.

[​IMG](Elsa Naumann/Sahara Forest Project)

[​IMG]Cucumbers grown in greenhouses irrigated with desalinated seawater. (Sahara Forest Project)

[​IMG]Seawater is piped to a concentrated solar power plant that powers an evaporative desalination system. The distilled water is used to irrigate plants. (Sahara Forest Project)

[​IMG]Workers at the Sahara Forest Project’s pilot facility in Qatar. (Sahara Forest Project)

[​IMG]The Ethiopian desert, full of drought and famine just a generation ago, is turning green with crops. Thousands of villagers are taking up ancient tools to transform the desert into a terraced landscape that acts like a giant irrigation engine to drive the growth of thriving vegetable farms.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
    #34     Jul 31, 2017
  5. ISIS is the product of the west, just like Osama ben laden was. Wake up!

#35     Jul 31, 2017
    yiehom likes this.
  6. Glad to check that some ET posters take the time to research and get informed.

Regarding Ethiopia : during their colonial wars ( attempts by various countries to colonize them unsuccessfully),
    their country received massive amount of pesticides/chemicals so as to make their land barren, thus create famine, thus get their Emperor to abdicate and get their country colonized. Glad that after decades, they have managed to handle the consequences of these land pollutions.

Regarding Middle East : ISIS is indeed a Western creation. Started under Bush so as to break Middle East countries in tiny countries. But obviously, our mass media brainwash people to believe our politicians would never do something like that, not alone think of such devious things.

Is Islam the problem? MAY be not. May be the Muslims are themselves the problems :
    - most have NEVER read their own Coran fully; but just rely on hearsay
    - most have in effect NEVER done a fast, though they pretend to. I challenged one Muslim to
    fully fast just 3 days "properly" : when it came to discuss, what were the temptations during a "real" fasting,
    hiding to try to eat at night came up. When asked if that is how so-called 'Muslims' do fasting, a deafening silence was the answer. I did not push it to ask in what ways 'Muslims' behaviors would be different if they actually did a real fasting.

In the same vein, MANY people claim to be 'Christians' ( I am not even starting with the so fakers in 'Catholicism') :
    - do ask them to bath people's feet, as Jesus-Christ did as an example for them to follow, and see how many are willing to really imitate Jesus-Christ.

Islam, nor Christianity is at fault : it is the fake 'believers' who like posing as 'Muslims' or 'Christians' and ruin it for the real one.

#36     Jul 31, 2017
    Stocktracker likes this.
  7. yiehom

yiehom

With due respect, I must disagree with your conclusion. A book that urges to convert the whole world BY ALL MEANS is the first culprit to me. No to mention the covert or openly racist allusions.

#37     Jul 31, 2017
  8. imo:

Whatever religion would be actually about culture and social issues that are affected by their living environment. In other words, their environment determines their fate, rather than their faith, religion or holy book.

Believers living in western countries would sooner or later have their interpretations of the same faith becoming much more moderate than many others who are living in deserts with daily poverty.

Living in a desert country where produces plenty of crude oil daily and provide free university education plus luxury lifestyle would also have no problem in their faith, whatever faith. Because they can change their environment into a modern city full of water and high rise building plus cool air-conditioning. They don't have time to worry about any nasty things.

Therefore, poverty is the Real problem! Not their faith, practice nor their holy book.

Christians living in Russia surrounded by ice and below zero temperature environment would behave very differently than other Christians living in Hawaii surrounded by plenty of fruits and flowers.

Muslims living in Indonesia or Turkey surrounded by moderate weather with plenty of food supply would also behave different than others living in deserts.

Many Muslims in the past many years struggling for their food supply and clean water, and lack of advanced education for STEM in order to improve better live, that is the main problem.

When the West brings to them water, food and education facilities, rather than wars, they will likely change their live to become much more moderate Muslims.

Historically, if the Muslims were truly aggressive wanting to rule the whole world they would have already living occupying in today's Asia and America.

It's not the case. They never try to rule India by force. Nor rule China by force. Just the opposite, they were ruled by others by force at lease once in the past.

Muslims in China has been just a minority living in China peacefully, historically, without serious problems on food supply or water supply. They have not tried to occupy or rule the whole China by their force yet, historically.

Just 2 cents.

#38     Jul 31, 2017
  9. Humpy

Humpy

Their greatest love is for their religion. Do-gooders who try to buy them off with goods, services or kindness, they despise. They are ready and willing to die for their leaders.
    Don't waste your energy even trying.
    It looks like it is a fight to the death I regret to say.
    The moderates are really reluctant to make a stand against the extremists.

#39     Jul 31, 2017
  10. luisHK

luisHK

During which multiday fasting do Muslims need to hide at night to eat ? It's fine to eat and drink between sunset and sunrise during Ramadam

#40     Jul 31, 2017