Simultaneous IB TWS acct use question

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by risktaker, Jan 4, 2006.

1. TGM

TGM

Yes ---that makes sense. I PM'd and asked for a second login a while back and was informed that none was available. I was told that the only way to do it is to open a second account (which is simple) and shift money to the second account. This must not be a widely disclosed feature. But useful. Especially if something goes wrong with one computer.

#21     Jan 5, 2006
  2. This is not a second IB account -- just a second user on the first account -- check my instructions (above) for how to do this.

SSB

#22     Jan 5, 2006
  3. TGM

TGM

Well if you go over 100 symbols in both logins --and your symbols shut off ---post and let us know. :D

#23     Jan 5, 2006
  4. Hoi

Hoi

I have this feature for more than 1 year, and I can confirm that you will pay 2 times $10 when you don't trade for 1 full month.
    Every account will take at least $10 commission.

But when you trade in one Account for more than $30, you will not be charged for the second-account (so no $10).

Hope it helps
    Hoi

#24     Jan 5, 2006
  5. Hoi,

From your post it sounds like you're talking about 2 different accounts (e.g U123456 and U987654) versus two different user accounts (also known as TWS logins) that are linked to a single trading account (U123456).

SSB

#25     Jan 5, 2006
  6. I'd guess you get 100 per login -- so in one instance of TWS using one ID you get 100, and the same in the other (for example 150 in one and 50 in the other will not work -- it's a max of 100 in each one).

SSB

#26     Jan 5, 2006
  7. Hoi

Hoi

No it is a second-userId for the same Account (Uxxxxx) where I'm talking about.
    I have indeed 2 Uxxxx accounts as well (so 4 in total with the second-userId's)...plus 2 simu-accounts makes 6 :) (nice to have them all to test ButtonTrader up-side-down).

#27     Jan 5, 2006
  8. Steve_IB

Steve_IB Interactive Brokers

Go to Accounts >> Account Management Functions. Most of this information is for institutional users but it also mentions that a single user can have 2 logins. (It's not something we've marketed to single users as its not relevant to the majority of accounts, but we did mention it in one of the communique's).

#28     Jan 5, 2006
  9. TGM

TGM

Yep it is right there.

#29     Jan 5, 2006
  10. cksep

cksep

So is it possible to login simultaneously? I have an individual account at IB and would like to know if I can simultaneouly log in to IBTWS? I have just created second 'user' for myself and have granted the 'trading' permission. Would i be able to log in tws from both usernames at the same time?

#30     Apr 17, 2006