Simulators

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by dbphoenix, Jun 7, 2003.

1. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Does anybody know of an emini simulator that can be used outside market hours, perhaps something along the lines of a random data generator (something other than eSignal/Ensign)? Or a "record and play back" type that has an extensive archive of market data that can be accessed randomly (other than FuturesTrader), perhaps from a CD?

And, yes, I tried Search.

2. for $40 a month can do it for you. You need to collect the data everyday, you get a two week historical intraday data when you sign up. AutoTrader has something similar, but I do not know what else you need to have to use it.

3. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Thank you. However, I don't want to have to collect the data, and a two-week archive wouldn't accomplish much. I'd prefer a random data generator or a data archive that can be accessed randomly.

4. Yeah, I understand. I am not sure if something like that exists, but I think that there is a market for it, so perhaps someone has already made it. I just don't know.

5. How are you going to practice making money from a random data generator??

6. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Find one and I'll show you.

7. nkhoi

nkhoi

8. corvus

corvus

I have a random price generator in mine for testing purposes. But uh, it's maybe not so random since it's biased to the long side.

See the signature below if you're curious...

9. random numbers, LOL !

if you want random numbers, dig out your dungeons and dragons game and start rolling dice and plotting the results.