*Simulated* Trader P/L 2007

Discussion in 'Journals' started by NoEmotions, Jan 3, 2007.

1. romik

romik

#31     Jan 15, 2007
  2. aqtrader

aqtrader

paper net 179.60 on 10040 shares

#32     Jan 16, 2007
  3. Pathus

Pathus

I don't see why anybody trades on paper. It is pointless. Just trade with a minimal amount of money. Even losing just a few dollars is painful. I don't think you learn anything with paper because you aren't subjected to fear. Also, you will definitely have no chance of "cheating," for example by saying you would have sold at a given point or bought during a given dip.

#33     Jan 16, 2007
  4. First trade of the year. First trade posted on ET and....
    after huffing and puffing .... 3 points in the positive territory for the grand gross total of $150. it took me 14 round trips to accumulate this tidy sum. So net would be 150 less 14 x 5 in commission = $60 big ones. The last time I made that little for day's work was in 1985. :mad: :mad: :mad: Hey but it is a start!:D :D
    Tomorrow is another day, wish me luck guys.

Stats: ES traded exclusively, 1 contract at the time.

#34     Jan 16, 2007
  5. <i>"I don't see why anybody trades on paper. It is pointless. Just trade with a minimal amount of money."</i>

Virtual trading helps teach the neuro-connection of correct practice without emotional pressure of money at risk on the line.

Perfect practice should be a constant equation, with fewest variables possible. Even $50 at risk introduces the pressure of real money trading BEFORE any of the initial learning stages are solid.

Skipping the virtual-trade step is akin to drafting a college quarterback with your precious #1 pick, then trying to teach him your NFL team playbook with live blitzers rushing him every snap.

Would your next future QB, who by the way has plenty of talent to succeed, be able to perfect all his mechanics of footwork and throwing motion in the big league? Or, might he be a complete mess after two weeks of relentless pass rushers breathing down his neck?

There is plenty of time to learn all about differences in trading real money versus virtual. First, aspiring traders should learn all the mechanics possible <i>before</i> adding the huge variable of real money at risk.

#35     Jan 16, 2007

6. It is pointless to you and that is fine, it is not to others so let it go. I have been doing it for a while and it did help me in many ways. Also, not everybody is free during the day and some of us have families, mortgages and other major bills to pay, so quitting is out of the question. Granted it is not the same as trading real money but it is a step in the right direction.

#36     Jan 16, 2007

7. I think it is great what you guys are doing,, keep it up ,, your showing more patients then most real traders have,, since not even i can trade many new ideas with out being in the real game,, it will pay off for all of you, but of course be very cautious when you enter the real money game,, gl all, and Pathus regardless of intentions your comment was of no support,, all will be returned. i plan to start paper trading some new strategies , and will look into posting here,

#37     Jan 16, 2007
  8. paper loss - $144

I work full time and have semi automated system/signals which my wifey trades

If the system does not make money in paper why should I even risk real money ????

looking for a EDGE, looks like i will get AGED instead :)

#38     Jan 16, 2007
  9. blk_lbl

blk_lbl

today's (WTF... i can't take this to buy hookers and blow?) P&L:

#39     Jan 16, 2007
  10. paper + $110

#40     Jan 17, 2007