Simulated stock trading

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Big Game Hunter, Jan 10, 2006.

1. Excellent list IMHO.

Did you forget AAPL, AMZN, YHOO, EBAY for some reason ?

#11     Jan 11, 2006
  2. gordo

gordo

Can anyone tell me for the IB papertrader, does it automatically figure in their comission structure for each of the products traded? Or do you have to program it like in some systems? And if so, where would I do that? thank you.

gordo

#12     Jan 26, 2006
  3. as far as i know, it does not execute stop order.

#13     Jan 26, 2006
  4. :) :)

I use a simulator ..or rather a copy of the day's session- its

called NEOTICKER .

What is does is downloads the ticks after the bell when the market is closed. You' ll have to use it with eSignal, Qcharts or real tick- its an add on , its also an excellent trading platform- u can use it wit I.B. but you have to leave your computer on all day
    in order to record the ticks . As many charts as you have monitor space and they are resizeable without comprimising visibility.

I've used it for about a year now and i 'll give it thumbs up.
    customer service is good- owner operated.

#14     Jan 26, 2006
  5. Ok I dug up this old thread. Anyone have any current recommendations on the best software to simulate daytrading stocks? Anyone used ninjatrader for simulated stock trading? Any recs on a good data provider that isn't too expensive? Thanks.

#15     Aug 30, 2009
  6. ECDINOVO

ECDINOVO

ThinkOrSwim Desktop has the PaperMoney module for simulated trading. (Investools uses PaperMoney as their training platform.) I don't know how good the fills would be at simulating day-trading, but I've found it handy when exploring crazy options strategies.

#16     Aug 31, 2009