Simu ER2 Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Moderate, Jun 4, 2007.

1. How is your P&L right now...just curious of the progress.

It is a very smart thing that you trade the fake account first...very very smart indeed....Good luck.

#11     Jun 12, 2007
  2. 5 contracts is way too many to start with unless you have at least 150k real money why start with so many contracts. It will not help you if you ever go live with real cash as you will get frustrated trading one contract.

If you are serious (not convincd yet) start with one grow your equity then add another or reduce your max loss per trade %. Boring I know but you may actually learn something

#12     Jun 12, 2007
  3. prety good day today thanks to my 10 minute and 30 minute timefram friends. I can't trade ER2 or ES because my ninjatrader is messed up so i traded the nasdaq, account got reseted too to try and fix ninjatrader.

+4850 today

15 trades
    1 losing trade

[​IMG]

"5 contracts is way too many to start with unless you have at least 150k real money why start with so many contracts. It will not help you if you ever go live with real cash as you will get frustrated trading one contract.

If you are serious (not convincd yet) start with one grow your equity then add another or reduce your max loss per trade %. Boring I know but you may actually learn something"

its a sim thats why i trade that much , may as well have fun with it, i cant trade for real for a whole 2 months until im 18

#13     Jun 13, 2007
  4. This isnt about fun its about helping you get ready for the real world of trading. Sorry but you remind me of those guys who hang out on the play money poker tables and go all-in every second hand using the same logic you do above. I doubt any of them actually make it to the real tables or if they do they have developed such bad habits they arent there long.

You should be looking to grind out a steadily rising equity curve (boring I know refining your trading plan, looking at commission and slippage costs).

#14     Jun 13, 2007
  5. got ninjatrader to work again and now my opening account balance is only $5000

YESSSS:D

#15     Jun 13, 2007
  6. How much real capital do you have to start with?

#16     Jun 13, 2007
  7. $5000- $7000 maybe more

#17     Jun 13, 2007
  8. In that case 5k sim is the right place to start. What is the point of having loads like I have always said (prob boring you) you will develop better habits by trying to make it as realistic as possible. Play WOW if you want fantasy

#18     Jun 13, 2007
  9. im gonna try to not pull the trigger to much :D , im working on holding my trades longer , being up $3000 gives confidence to stay in the trade longer but yea totally not realistic

#19     Jun 14, 2007
  10. couldnt trade today and cant trade tomorrow either AGGGH, nasty signals on the 10 minute today

#20     Jun 15, 2007