Simply Astounding

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Option_Attack, Dec 19, 2017.

1. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Even if there were other aliens you know how hard it would be for any of them to spot us? Our electromagnetic signature is tiny compared to the sun. So tiny that you (nor I) can really comprehend how tiny it is.

#11     May 29, 2019
  2. userque

userque

We filter the noise when communicating with our space probes, satellites, and landers, etc; and when they communicate back to Earth.

Remember the "Wow !!!" signal?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wow!_signal
    https://events.asiaa.sinica.edu.tw/school/20160815/talk/sransom0818.pdf o_O

#12     May 29, 2019
    vanzandt likes this.
  3. mlawson71

mlawson71

I never said I believe we've actually been visited by aliens. If anything, if they exist, they are probably just as stuck to their home planets or home solar systems at best, trying to solve the same math and physics problems we are trying to solve to make interstellar travel possible.

#13     May 31, 2019
    Tsing Tao and CaptainObvious like this.
  4. It is impossible to believe that in a universe so large and diverse that no other intelligent life exists, but as you state, it's the distance between systems that presents the problems of travel. Probably for the best as a wiser species than we are would probably see fit to exterminate all human life within a day of observation and then have a otherwise pristine planet to inhabit.

#14     May 31, 2019
    Tsing Tao and mlawson71 like this.
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Possibly. But I have to think that any intelligent species that actually got to the point of interstellar travel and experienced the growing pains of getting to that point would recognize that we are at a very dangerous point where we can either go forward (if we get past our stupidity) or self destruct. They'd look at it much in the way an adult looks at a toddler teething or in their "terrible twos".

And this is a pristine planet to a similar life form. But who knows what the hell is out there that might look at our planet with disgust.

#15     Jun 4, 2019
  6. Definitely mind-boggling. I believe the same way. Is the universe infinite, or does it wrap around back onto itself? Either way, I think the smart bet is that there is, somewhere, other sentient beings. But given the crazy odds of just the right conditions, (trillions to one?) of our creation, probably not too many other planets with life like ours? Used to think, yeah there are probably others, but are they really goofing around on OUR planet? Not so much. But these latest sightings sure make me wonder... And technically, just like us, wouldn't "they" send un"manned"remote craft to scope things out first? Maybe! :D

#16     Jun 5, 2019
  7. Anyone interested in these recent sightings: US Navy carrier task force vs strange aerial craft, might want to check out this six-part series from History channel. I think it mostly sticks to facts and credible witnesses. And there are some high level government folks involved too.

https://www.history.com/shows/unidentified-inside-americas-ufo-investigation

I'm cheap and I don't get History so I just signed up for the free trial.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
    #17     Jul 14, 2019
    #18     Jul 15, 2019
    Clubber Lang likes this.
  9. mlawson71

mlawson71

It's possible it's some sort of classified experimental aircraft.

#19     Jul 16, 2019
    murray t turtle likes this.
  10. Yes, that would be one possibility that would be easier to understand. But whoever is doing it is not coordinating with the navy and carrier task force. Or is that part of the "test?"

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    #20     Jul 16, 2019