Simplicity

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jrs3, Nov 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mark1

mark1 Guest

what a waste of time.....

#11     Nov 9, 2003
  2. jrs3

jrs3

I agree posting here is a waste of my time, It had been a long time since I trolled some message boards. So long Elite Traders.

#12     Nov 9, 2003
  3. If you're still checking this thread out jrs3:

The only way that the 3 min chart looks like yours is for it to be set on 24 hour data, otherwise the macd patterns and the post 16:00 data do not match. Regardless, with mine set on 24 hour it matches yours.

I'm guessing from the time diff on the bottom of your chart that you are an hour behind eastern.

Are you saying the 10 period ma is an EMA? It appears that the buy and sell signals generated are primarily based on the change in direction of the histogram. How does the ma play a part in the trading process?

Thanks, it is interesting, and I can see the need to take every trade, otherwise you could easily just get chopped around and never catch the nice ones. When do you enter, on the close of the signal bar, or the open of the next bar, etc. ?

#13     Nov 9, 2003
  4. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Yes DB...that is a good idea. I already look at several time frames with the indicators.

The point of overlaying these is the "change" signal often comes on one indicator before the other. Gives an early heads up.

But it comes down to how an individual sees things. 2 oscillators for some is an unnecessary complication. Others like it to provide confirmation.

#14     Nov 9, 2003
  5. BSAM

BSAM

Damn, I wish it was that simple.:cool:

#15     Nov 9, 2003
  6. nkhoi

nkhoi

interesting that the last trade seem not working out, could it be that it only work looking back

• ym3m.gif
      File size:
      24.1 KB
      Views:
    #16     Nov 9, 2003
  7. jrs, listen, you come here and you shout something out. a concept, whatever. are you willing to engage in a constructive discussion to demonstrate the concept's merit? or you are choosing to be a "sensitive one" and run? if you're ***REALLY*** open to sharing and helping I suggest you start a thread in the Journals section. Where you demonstrate this system in action, taking ALL trades like you said. Don't need to do it for a year. A week would give most people a good idea.

#17     Nov 10, 2003
  8. Ditch

Ditch

Why can't you still get it, that nobody even thinks of sharing anything after he had a taste of the response that provokes that on this site. Yours not in the least.

#18     Nov 10, 2003
  9. ...I have found that if you post something serious as if it were a joke, a hoax, or a complete crock, you get more interesting responses and PMs than if you play it straight.

#19     Nov 10, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.