Simplex Investments in Chicago?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Finance Grad., May 5, 2007.

1. Can you tell us how much it is? I'm just curious.

#31     May 24, 2008
  2. Can someone please pm me their starting salary??

#32     Jun 10, 2008
  3. This will change rapidly as algorithmic trading penetrates everywhere. Human traders are disappearing already from places like Investment Banks. It is IT people who understand finance who are in demand.

#33     Jun 10, 2008
  4. Poke-Matt

Poke-Matt

I interviewed with Simplex just yesterday. For those posters that have received offers and/or are currently working there, can you PM or post how much they offer in starting salary and what the bonus structure is like? Also, is there much potential for individual growth? If you're a hard worker, how much can you expect to bring in from the bonuses and will they make up for the low starting salary? Lastly, how often do junior traders receive these bonuses?

I got a great impression of the place from my interview, but, after reading about the assumed high turnover and weak bonus structure, I'm becoming skeptical.

Thanks for your input!

#34     Aug 7, 2008
  5. AMW

AMW

Can anyone comment where simplex stands relative to susq, ctc or wolve? Would anyone choose these firms over simplex?

#35     Aug 19, 2008
  6. I worked for Wolverine for a short period of time and I can say it is undoubtedly the best place to be.

#36     Aug 19, 2008
  7. Can anyone tell me what the logic test at Simplex is like. I've been going through the book "Heard on the Street" that has some typical logic questions. Anyone that's taken it if you could give me some tips on the test/interview that would be great.

#37     Sep 19, 2008
  8. BobJones

BobJones

It is just a mix of math and word problems, and finding patterns.

#38     Sep 24, 2008