Simplex Investments in Chicago?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Finance Grad., May 5, 2007.

1. Only 50 hours per week? Is that off market hours? How in the heck can any trader work less than that? I'm not commenting on this firm, just overall work habits...it takes time, a lot of time in my opinion, to make all this work.

FWIW,

Don

#11     Aug 18, 2007
  2. 50 hrs; I wouldn't be complaining.

#12     Aug 23, 2007
  3. I agree and I am learning a hell of lot about options spread trading so I can't complain. I would argue though, that those 50 hours are more stressful and more intense than a corporate finance job. It gives you a rush, but at the same time it drags on your quality of life. But, I guess that's why we are in this industry. Between working in the Agg options pits and now my current job I have a general sense of how the industry is to work in. As a young person trying to find their way I'm still trying to evaluate if this is the industry for me. How do I know? How do I know I have what it takes to be great at it?

#13     Aug 23, 2007
  4. I'm still waiting for a response from Simplex....oh well.
    Maybe 1 out of 100 resumes will get noticed somewhere.

#14     Aug 24, 2007
  5. jsmooth

jsmooth

why did you leave the Ag pits and decide to work with Simplex (behind the screen)?

#15     Aug 24, 2007
  6. How can you have over 700 posts on this website and not know what volatility trading is? Part of the option pricing formula is volatility, therefore the price of an option can change on nothing more that it being more or less volatile.

#16     Aug 28, 2007
  7. zsbeat

zsbeat

I'm supposed to go up to Chicago Friday to take a logic test at Simplex. Anyone know anything about this test, I'm just trying to assess whether its worth the time and money to drive all the way to Chicago if I have little chance of getting through

#17     Dec 11, 2007
  8. How did it go?

#18     Dec 18, 2007
  9. zsbeat

zsbeat

I'm heading back today for another interview with them tomorrow.

#19     Dec 18, 2007
  10. I left a voicemail with HR (Shontay) but she never got back to me at Simplex. My interview with Transmarket Group LLC went well yesterday evening though!

#20     Dec 18, 2007