Simple Technical Analysis Volume Study Survey

Discussion in 'Trading' started by AMT4SWA, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Q - Anyone seen anything in Amibroker developed for tracking bid/ask cumulative delta?

#21     Nov 3, 2008
  2. Does CD compared to price action work across all timeframes? Personally, i havent found it to work on any timeframe BUT im sure that is more indicative of me than of the indicator.

#22     Nov 3, 2008
  3. I have found over time there is a sweet spot to make the most accurate entry determinations.....but it can still work on most time frames where you can see the divergence between the CD and price.

#23     Nov 3, 2008
  4. thanks...much appreciated

#24     Nov 3, 2008
  5. Just a hint....I have found "volume" and "range" based chart time frames work best for entry/signal watch.

#25     Nov 3, 2008
  6. Lucrum,

Hey man sorry didn't see your post til now.

Yeah just using plain old Ensign. 39 bucks a month.

They have a cumulative delta indicator as well. I don't use it, and haven't subjected it to scrutiny, but it's there.

By the way, there are a few charting packages that offer delta type stuff now.

I can't stand Open E Cry (mainly because of CS issues in the past and the fact they have "cry" in their name) but they have a Market Delta add-on that's like 25 bucks a month. You can get a broker, live feed, and a Market Delta plug-in for around 25 a month. As long as you can out up with OEC and their estrogen crises, you may find it a cost-effective setup.

I didn't too much care for the whole whiz-bang full blown MD thing, but the delta indicator itself is helpful to me.

Hope that helps, wasn't trying to ignore you.

#26     Dec 3, 2008