Simple System for Beginners

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by AnomalyResearch, Aug 30, 2004.

1. I don't mean litrally 90% backtested across all instruments. What I mean is that the breakout is the high of the day (or the low of the day for shorts)Dont buy the high of the day because any new high is likely to undertake a small retest. Look to enter on the pullback not immediatly on the breakout. For all I care it could be a new 10 minute low following a long signal or a new 10 minute high, following a short signal. All I'm saying is that is makes more sense to enter on a pullback, than at the price extreme.

This strategy will give you slighly better profitability because you're bettering your entry price and reducing your stop loss on the trades that fail.

#41     Aug 31, 2004
  2. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

where do 1.0033 & 0.9967 come from??

:confused:

#42     Aug 31, 2004
  3. If it isn't an imposition / proprietary, would you mind posting the EL? Personally I can't use it since I'm strictly EOD, but the study looks interesting.

Thanks!

#43     Aug 31, 2004
  4. LOL

ET is absolutely hilarious.

The whole point is a SIMPLE system.

You guys can't help yourselves, you need to optimize everything.

After 20 years in this business it's ALL a wash whenever you add things to anything simple it takes away something else that you can't see till later.

JUST follow the system as is and learn about yourselves and deal with that first..... before you try and fix the world.

geeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzz !

Does anybody get it ???

#44     Aug 31, 2004
  5. abogdan

abogdan

No, I'm using 12:00 EST

#45     Aug 31, 2004
  6. Quah

Quah

No, not too many people get it. Especially the part about adding/changing a system all the time. Everyone need something better - even if they don't know if what they have is any good.

#46     Aug 31, 2004
  7. abogdan

abogdan

My philosophy always has been: "KISS". The simplest systems work the best.

#47     Aug 31, 2004
  8. pierson

pierson

Interesting, i went through by hand and backtested on the NQ July and August like i posted before and got July -23 and August +48 points respectively.

Today i took them and measured from 1:00 central and got July +40.5 and August -23 points.

Almost exactly the opposite but profitable regardless.....i know 2 months is a very small sample but i didn't have anymore time and i thought someone might find it interesting. Maybe trading both of these styles together might smooth out the equity curve. Who knows, i will need to find time to test much further back.

Pierson

#48     Aug 31, 2004
  9. Quah

Quah

pierson - I assume your results do not include commish.

Can you tell us how many trades it took to come up with those results so we can include commish?

Thanks.

#49     Aug 31, 2004
  10. GeeTO69

GeeTO69

You know this thread is supposed to be about AR's "Simple Method".

#50     Aug 31, 2004