Simple Screen 20060519

Discussion in 'Trading' started by rcj, May 19, 2006.

1. rcj

rcj

mschey ...

Add to that retail swingers and portfolio gardners. At least 50% of the time i want to trade stks with reasonable fundamentals AND show
    some price action on a given day. They will tend to have decent
    liquidity which cuts my exits risk a bit.

thanks for the post.

...rj

#21     May 23, 2006
  2. fundamentals are useful to sort out potential movers, talkin' of other than valuations. i.e: upgrades/m&a activities, etc. that's what u shud be lookin' for anyways, decent ranges..the lesser da vols the worse da r/r.

#22     May 23, 2006
  3. rcj

rcj

Bitstream ... Exactly!!! Yes!! And ... also, thats why i used the high beta as well.

Hey Bit ... think 'bout puttin up some poitree for us...:)

thnx for ur post....

rj

#23     May 23, 2006
  4. ^ there's really nothin' much to it other than be surgical in u choices. u take u chances on stocks that have top ranges and that show a high trade count/rate in premkt...look at past statistical reactions to particualr news, [those high ranges stock are always in da news]--keep a database of those charts. rest assured that if u get it right u'll be rewarded well...tradin' the open is already an edge in itself....buy 'em there and let u trade ride 'till session end or 'till trend exhaustion...if u get stopped out, no big deal, u took a chance; wait to see if after da retracement completes volumes pick up with higher lows/higher highs...then get in again.

#24     May 23, 2006
  5. rcj

rcj

Hi Bit ...

" there's really nothin' much to it other than be surgical in u choices. u take u chances on stocks that have top ranges and that show a high trade count/rate in premkt..."

Yes. Im trying to work up away to filter for intr-day range. hmm ...ill come up with somethin, no doubt.

BTW. A couple of times you have mentioned pre-mkt trade counts.Got any suggestion as to where i can get that data. I ck out the Arca book each AM but thats so inefficient.

thnx for the post, Bit.

#25     May 24, 2006