simple question

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by will_jay, Mar 30, 2004.

1. cuz

cuz

I second That!

#11     Mar 30, 2004
  2. cuz

cuz

LOL

#12     Mar 30, 2004
  3. cuz

cuz

Damn 90 points!! How the hell did I miss that trade?? LOL
    What stock was that
    You can hit bids on Arca all day long...........no uptick...FYI

Peace

#13     Mar 30, 2004
  4. SumJurk

SumJurk

Here ya go guys. I found another analogy...lol

Pretend that you borrowed your neighbor's lawn mower, which your neighbor generously says you may keep for a couple of weeks while he's on vacation.

You're thinking of buying a lawn mower anyway, so you've been researching the latest sales, and have seen your neighbor's lawn mower on sale for $300, marked down from $500.

While you're mowing your lawn, a passerby stops and offers to buy the lawn mower you're using for $450.

You sell him the lawn mower, then go out and buy the same one on sale for $300, and return it to your neighbor when he returns.

Only now, you've made a $150 on the deal!

Oh well, It was a good try...:D

#14     Mar 30, 2004
  5. cuz

cuz

Dude....................Do I know you, I have used that same analogy....lol

#15     Mar 30, 2004
  6. SumJurk

SumJurk

No, this guy must have stole it from you, first. :D

Analogy

Short Selling has got to be the hardest damn thing to explain to someone who's never heard of it. I've been trying to explain it to my mother for 5 years now, and I still don't think she gets it...lol

#16     Mar 30, 2004
  7. will_jay

will_jay

everyone for their replies!!! i was expecting a lotta bs answers but.. w00t. i definatly got a better understanding for wut shorting stocks means, and how it works, etc.

btw, sry for my spelling lol, yea i should spend a little less time on msn. :p

later.

#17     Mar 31, 2004