Simple Profitable Method

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by trader28, Sep 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jtnet

jtnet

you can figure out how to build a ocmputer and put parts together, but u oculdnt figure out print screen. lol

#31     Sep 6, 2006
  2. Can you do anything on your own?

#32     Sep 6, 2006
  3. I believe we have established I hate software, I like power, speed... hardware gets me hard... software leaves me flaccid... and that dont score points with the ladies

#33     Sep 6, 2006
    danielc1 likes this.
  4. So far I havent been able to find anything that works consistently and I have looked at many, many crossover systems that people lay out here in vague terms and have yet to see anybody give any proof that they are using it successfully. The crossovers lag the price by whatever mas you are using and by the time the crossover actually occurs price is often moving in the opposite direction. If I could figure the exact place to enter, place my stop and when to exit I would be rich by now. From your attitude I take it you are trading successfully. Would you care to lay out exactly how you are doing it?

#34     Sep 6, 2006

5. Great. I am looking forward to it. Will you call them here?

#35     Sep 6, 2006
  6. I really only use a 9 period simple moving average to get into a trade early as the MACD sets up, (EG: MACD crosses MA and approaches Zero Line and price pops above 9 Period Simple Moving Average) this tends to do away with the lag, also the lag is not as bad on a 2 minute chart as it is on longer time frames, 2 min MACD seems to be a sweet spot for emini's.

#36     Sep 6, 2006
  7. how do you go about overclocking your cpu? any help would be appreciated.

#37     Sep 6, 2006

8. Ahhh be careful, like trading it becomes an obsession, but if you must go down that dark path there is no better place to start than here:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/

(3rd Forum down, then go into XOC Q&A and read the overclocking guide)

#38     Sep 6, 2006
  9. There was a nice trend on that day. How well did you do on a choppy day like Thur. Aug 31?

How long have you been trading this method?

#39     Sep 6, 2006
  10. Thanks Trader28 for the quick response.

Going over your methodology and have a couple of questions...

do you use the higher time frame(10 min chart) for direction of trend and the 2 min chart for your entry?

and just to clarify, you're waiting for the macd to cross or approach the zero line and the price crossing it's 9 period sma before you take the signal? and are the rules the opposite for a short position (ie approaching the zero line from the top or crossing from the top and the price crossing the 9 period sma?

Thanks,
    Slave

#40     Sep 6, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.