Simple Profitable Method - Take 2

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by jimns, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SPM is a joke. A bunch of people fooled by randomness, suckering themselves into believing this nonsense can make you money in the long run.

Take trades flipping coins and you will have nice long winning streaks.

Be unlucky enough to start using the coin flipping method right at the start of a winning streak, and you will be convinced the shit works. Well, until you lose your ass later.

SPM is the same thing.

#31     May 9, 2007

2. So is that your method of trading, flipping a coin?

#32     May 10, 2007
  3. Allaces

Allaces

Hehe.. I doubt old Draggy uses anything that sophisticated

#33     May 10, 2007
  4. Why'd you have to go and spoil all the fun?

So much for this thread turning into another 400-page monster of cherry-picked charts, people bickering about SMA+2 settings, and other grail hunting odds & ends. :p

#34     May 10, 2007
  5. Are you seriously this stupid?

#35     May 10, 2007
  6. It’s better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

#36     May 10, 2007
  7. Allaces

Allaces

Actually it's better not to use old lines that you think will impress people with your originality :p

#37     May 10, 2007
  8. I don't understand, if it were a joke then it would never work. This method works well in trending markets, if you have a suggestion to filter the chop, I am all ears. You can't backtest the future but you can do a walk forward on on similar model taking the merit of the system. I am not a big fan of macd but it does catch the major reversals.

#38     May 10, 2007
  9. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

4 lower peaks

#39     May 15, 2007
  10. SPM is no holy grail but I have traded with worse....

#40     May 15, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.