Simple Prison and Criminal System Reform

Discussion in 'Politics' started by PocketChange, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Why differentiate? Just have simple, hard and fast rules... once broken you're banished period. The time does not have to fit the crime...

Same rules apply to cops and politicians... No need for plea deals. Money should not afford any special privileges or allow an expensive court tie up.

Sympathizers and humanitarian zealots can go to Rat Island and provide what ever aid they want. Once the criminals are no longer US citizens they are no longer a problem.

Hell if we don't want them in Alaska I'm sure many poor third world nations will accept them as citizens for $1000. Transfer their citizenship to these nations with a little payola and deport them.

I don't care just don't let them out of jail and back into our society. There is crazy stuff going on in the California Prison system where sheriffs can over ride sentences and order the release of prisoners. Why spend a few $100K convicting them and another small fortune subsidizing their housing and medical care just to release them? just kick them out...

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-jails6-2010mar06,0,4429885.story

#11     Mar 6, 2010
  2. Humpy

Humpy

A harsh lesson from the past is that banishment doesn't work.
    They come back hard with a grudge and a thirst for revenge.

Much better they are reformed ( whether by persuasion, electric shock or flogging ) or failing that then shot.

#12     Mar 7, 2010
  3. achilles28

achilles28

Exactly. The Prison Industry and criminalization of America is huge business with a lots of tie-ins that support Big Government, eroded rights, Fed versus States, legalized drug cartels (the "pharmaceutical industry"), huge union concessions and budgets etc.

Crime really does pay. At least for the Government, that is. It's bullshit. Like most everything else Washington does.

#13     Mar 8, 2010
  4. Humpy

Humpy

Spot on there imho

The politicians have failed badly to tackle crime. The incentives i.e. money are so big and easy that it, as you say pays.

That coupled with the "greed is good " philosophy of the 90s and todays mess is as it is and probably will only get worse.

#14     Mar 8, 2010
  5. What Lesson?

The Aussies seem to be doing well. Banishment is surely better than subsidizing the current system. Lets clean house, minimize payola corruption and simplify our lives.

#15     Mar 8, 2010