Simple Overbought/Oversold journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by momoNY, Jan 27, 2006.

1. momoNY

momoNY

Buy1Sell2,

Did you cover your short or still open? Could yo be more specific on the way you use overbought and oversold on 60 min charts?
    When I looked at it last time, the stochastic seems to stay in overbought/oversold for quite a long time before there is a reversal.

#51     Feb 2, 2006
  2. momoNY

momoNY

After taking a deep look at the charts of YM, I'm adding YM to my screen. Everything has to be confirmed by YM otherwise no trade. This morning for instance there was a CCI divergence in ES for a long trade but not on YM. YM seems to be really the king. Overwhelmingly trades confirmed by YM were winners.

#52     Feb 3, 2006
  3. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

I'm more of a position player really--I don't trade on the 60 minute charts too much. I was just suggesting that I thought it might be better for you than the real short term that you use. It would allow you to take bigger gains and not get stopped out so much . It doesn't take much to get stopped out with a 2 point stop. I will never have a stop less than 5 points and I have been known to have a stop as large as 25 points, if I feel the move will be strong when it gets going. A person trading on 60 minute charts will probably make more money than I , but it requires a lot more time on front of the screen. I am still short right now--yes. I use three indicators --Bollinger Bands , MACD histogram and RSI on hourlies. I like to have them all confirm each other.

#53     Feb 3, 2006
  4. momoNY

momoNY

Today no trading before 10:15, until everybody has made his mind about the economic data.

There is a clear support at 1264-1262.5 next is 1258.5 then the bottom of this rally at 1251.5-53.5.

There is a lot of resistance: the first a 1270.5 the the most important one is at 1276.5.

#54     Feb 3, 2006
  5. momoNY

momoNY

There is a potential long trade here at 1265.25, but needs to be confirmed by YM. We need a green candle with higher high and higher low.

Wow, YM got me. It run to much higher to enter a trade here, the risk reward ratio is not that great anymore. Patience.

#55     Feb 3, 2006
  6. momoNY

momoNY

I think the price will go kiss the 60 period ema, before it retraces on the 5 minutes chart. That would be a great short opportunity as many resistance line up.

#56     Feb 3, 2006
  7. momoNY

momoNY

shorted at 1268 3 points target and 3 pts stop max.
    The market looks weak and I can't wait for the 60 period ema to be hit.

Closed at 1270.25 for 2.25 loss. Once again poor execution. This is where I should short when there is a good setup, but too impatient. Fortunately I saved 0.75pts!!!!

Total: 6.5 pts loss (10 poorly executed trades)

Largest Loss: 3 pts
    Larges gain: 2 pts

#57     Feb 3, 2006
  8. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

need to be careful here--there is a bullish divergence on 60 minute charts

#58     Feb 3, 2006
  9. momoNY

momoNY

I just can't find any reason why I shorted. Probably self sabotage that might explain it, otherwise I can't see anything else.
    No overbought, no divergence, ER is roaring, volatility broke down. Go figure!!!

I missed the long setup this morning, that was a hit to my mental. It seems like I take only bad trades from my strategy and all the good ones I miss them. I still have problems getting back from hits. I always execute very poorly after a losing trade, maybe I should quit for few hours after a loss???

#59     Feb 3, 2006
  10. momoNY

momoNY

bought at 1272.5 target 75.5 risking 2 pts 1270.5.

Closed the trade at 1273. I need to take a deep breath and clear up my mind.

Total: 6 pts loss
    Number Trades: 11 trades
    Largest Win: 2 pts
    Largest Loss: 3 pts

#60     Feb 3, 2006