"Simple math" is not adequate. (Post for newbies)

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Bad_Badness, Apr 26, 2021.

1. Bad_Badness,

Your initial post is confusing and adds no value. And you gave no examples of chart or entry, stop, and trade management to the newbies. Just talking from the lip. I am not talking down on you, but your thread needs to be simplified if you are addressing newbies.

Do not think about me, think about your audience and who you are trying to bring value to.

That is why I ask if what you are writing about have edge, cause sounds like you goofing off and bullshitting. But newbies not bullshitting man, they trying to make money. They do not have time for playing ass around.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
    #11     Apr 26, 2021
  2. maxinger

maxinger

We just need to know how to use + and -
    appropriately.

#12     Apr 26, 2021
  3. Bad_Badness

Bad_Badness

Actually all system reduce to And and Not, so yes! But that is like saying people are just water and minerals. Deconstruction-ism looses a lot.

And the truth is, you just need to press the right button on your computer at the right time. Nothing else matters to the exchange but what orders you send and when. "Press the right button at the right time" is a CORE part of my system design.

#13     Apr 26, 2021
  4. virtusa

virtusa

OMG, I use OR too... :wtf:

#14     Apr 27, 2021
    Bad_Badness likes this.
  5. Bad_Badness

Bad_Badness

It can be OR and Not also, says DeMorgan. :D

#15     Apr 27, 2021
    shuraver likes this.
  6. You know, I am completely new to trading and without knowledge of math, it is very difficult for me :banghead:

#16     Oct 31, 2021
  7. Overnight

Overnight

Hell of a way to introduce yourself to the forum. In this thread about strategies, totally new to trading, and saying you "have no knowledge of math". Doesn't pass the sniff test. Who were you previously on this forum?

#17     Oct 31, 2021
  8. maxinger

maxinger

the problem is that you are reading selectively.

some traders said you must know
    complex maths,
    curvilinear equation,
    Euler's equation,
    Navier strokes equation,
    Finite Element Analysis ...

some traders said you just need to know
    +, - and how to count money.
    and those should suffice.

so go explore.

#18     Oct 31, 2021
  9. Thank you, guys!

#19     Nov 1, 2021
  10. Want complex math? Here's a "simple" introduction to it: Tomas Björk - Arbitrage Theory in Continuous Time.

You can get the other way into complicated territory till you drown yourself and achieve nothing. No way you are having an edge, you do not have an edge, never edged, never had an edge, never will have an edge, no edge!

#20     Nov 3, 2021