[Simple IB question] Can one open paper account with no cash?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by jk90029, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Dear-

My friend asked me, regarding IB paper account with no prior trading history?

1) Should he deposit cash of 10K in REAL account, for opening paper account in IB?
    2) If not, how much is it?
    3) If his FICO is medium, can he open it? If so, what score is needed?
    3) tell me any similar possible scenario.

2. JamesL

JamesL

No, you have to fund your trading account first.

But you should already know this since you have been an IB "newbie" for going on 2 yrs now.

3. Of course, I may knew it but cannot remember what I did TWO years ago.
    That is why I posted the above question.

Probably min cash of 10K should be deposited, BEFORE opening paper account, isn't it?
    I just hope to tell it to my friend for sure.

4. def

def Sponsor

There is now a free trial with delayed data (real time for fx). Click on free trial from the home page

5. Thanks for replying.

However, since we never use facebook, please let me know link of webpage (precise URL) to explain it in detail.

6. IB-AN

IB-AN Interactive Brokers

Click on the Free Trial button located in the upper-right hand corner of our home page:
    https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=1286

7. Thanks for exact location of the URL.
    How long (like 6 months) is it absolutely free?
    Can he have a chance to exercise API order too?

8. IB-AN

There is no set termination date for the use of this account. It's clearly intended, however, to provide one the opportunity to test drive it in order to make a determination as to whether there's interest in opening a live account. It's reasonable to assume, therefore, that the use will remain indefinite until such time as the effectiveness of the free trial can be evaluated.

As for the API, currently, you would need to select the beta version to connect in this manner.

9. Probably you mean, unlike API in the real account, there is no full trial of API in the paper account.

10. IB-AN

No, I meant that you can use the API in the free trial but you must select the beta version of the TWS to do so.

#10     Feb 23, 2016