Simple app scripting language?

Discussion in 'App Development' started by easymon1, Feb 11, 2021.

1. easymon1

easymon1

#11     Feb 11, 2021
  2. DaveV

DaveV

Yes there is a way but I can't remember how. About 15 years ago I built a complex application for a client using VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) inside Excel. Visually you could not even tell that the application was using Excel. Google how to.

#12     Feb 11, 2021
    easymon1 likes this.
  3. I normally use a small local html file.
    Attached is something I put together for your calculator. Change the extension from .txt to .html and open it with a browser. I got better results with Firefox. Chrome adds too much extra space around the web page.
    It does an auto-calculation on key strokes but since I didn't know the actual formula I multiplied all values together. On every user input it should auto-calculate.
    In order to change the formula open the file with a text editor and change the line with what you want the output to be:

var output = acctSize * trRisk * slTicks * tickVal * noContract;

You should get something like the picture below:

upload_2021-2-12_5-14-5.png

#13     Feb 12, 2021
    jys78, carlaherrera, igr and 3 others like this.
  4. easymon1

easymon1

Man, that's quick work.
    The math comes from a great post done by a Sponsor, Optimus Futures linked in this post
    here: https://elitetrader.com/et/threads/...solid-trading-plan.340340/page-4#post-5054656

Position Size Calculator FUTURES 7.png

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
    #14     Feb 12, 2021
  5. Butterfly

Butterfly

good call with the HTML file and using Javascript to make the calculation, best simple route IMO

#15     Feb 12, 2021
  6. igr

igr

I'd try this suggestion https://superuser.com/a/46655.

#16     Mar 7, 2021
    easymon1 likes this.
  7. I have tried coding once but in some time, I realized that it is not something for me. That’s when I decided to hire developers or coders for the coding part so that I can focus on my trading.

#17     Apr 3, 2021