Simple alert function

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by GaryN, Oct 6, 2007.

1. GaryN

GaryN

Which third party charting using IB data will let me set an alert off an indicator value? tia

2. You can use Quotetracker. You can set everything from native trendline alerts to price etc. I use them everyday to help me get a heads up if Im reading something etc., although I do make a lot of custom alerts with the paintbar tool/language.

Best of all its free.

http://www.quotetracker.com/download.asp

-GT

3. GaryN

GaryN

Thanks a lot. I didnt know QT could do this. Amazing application for the price.:)

4. NP--when u download QT just go to the help file (F1) and check out alert funtions. It's really easy to do. You can set colors and sounds using yours or theirs etc.

If you want any help just let me know.

-GT

5. GaryN

GaryN

I have been playing around with these paintbars in Quotetracker and am pleased with my progress. My latest creation has buy and sell signals with conditions from three different sets of indicators. This leads me to believe that an autotrading system is doable for me. The next step would be finding a method of feeding these signals to IB. Any suggestions?

6. GaryN

GaryN

HELP! Is there anyway to set up a paintbar alert on the range of a bar? What I want is an alert if the length of a 5 min. bar exceeds x number of ticks. So far I cant figure out how to do it.