Similarlity between Trading and Christianity

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by maxinger, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Lots of praying?

#41     Dec 19, 2019
    murray t turtle likes this.
  2. themickey

themickey

Lots of praying.
    Lots of preying.

#42     Dec 19, 2019
    Cuddles and murray t turtle like this.
  3. Cuddles

Cuddles

Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God."

https://www.biblestudytools.com/topical-verses/bible-verses-about-greed/

10 Whoever loves money never has enough; whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with their income. This too is meaningless.
    Ecclesiastes 5:9Ecclesiastes 5Ecclesiastes 5:11
    In ContextParallelCompare

5 Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”
    Hebrews 13:4Hebrews 13Hebrews 13:6

15 Then he said to them, “Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; life does not consist in an abundance of possessions.”
    Luke 12:14Luke 12Luke 12:16

24 “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.
    Matthew 6:23Matthew 6Matthew 6:25

#43     Dec 19, 2019
    d08 likes this.
  4. maxinger

maxinger

Foolish Man to Jesus :
    Sir. You passed to me $1m. I kept it in a safe place underground.
    Now you are back. This is $1m. Not a cent was lost.

Foolish trader to Proprietary firm boss :
    Sir. You passed to me $1m. I kept it in a safe place underground.
    Now you are back. This is $1m. Not a cent was lost.

#44     Dec 20, 2019
  5. themickey

themickey

A rich man who was going on a long journey called his three servants together. He told them they would be caretakers of his property while he was gone. The master had carefully assessed the natural abilities of each servant. He gave $500k to one servant, $200k to another, and $100k to the third—to each according to his ability. The master then left on his journey.

The servants went forth into a world open to enterprise and investment. The servant who had received $500k went into business and made five more. The servant who received $200k made two more via day trading. But the servant who received one hid the master’s dosh under his mattress.

The master returned to settle his accounts. The servant who had received $500k came forth. “My lord,” he said, “you entrusted me with $500k; see, I have made five more!”

“Well done, good and faithful servant!” the master responded. “You have been faithful over a little, I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of a good party!”

Then the servant who had been given two talents approached the master. “My lord,” he said, “you entrusted me with two talents; see, I have made two talents more!” The master praised the servant in a like manner.

Then the one who had been given one talent approached his master. “My lord,” he said, “I knew you to be a hard man; you reap where you have not sown, and gather where you have not scattered; and being afraid I went and hid your talent in the ground. See, you have what is yours!”

The master’s response was swift and harsh: “You wicked and indolent slave! You were aware that I reap where I have not sown, and gather where I have not scattered; you ought for that reason to have invested my money with the bankers; then, on my return, I should have received my own with interest.”

The master ordered that the talent be taken away from the lazy servant and given to the one with the $500k. “For to every one who possesses not,” said the master, “even that which he has shall be taken away. Cast that useless slave into the Christmas Island detention centre, and no snorkeling gear!”

#45     Dec 20, 2019
    murray t turtle likes this.
  6. stu

stu

Similarities Between Pastafanity and Trading

[​IMG]
    The Flying Speghetti Monster is seen influencing currency trading with His noodley appendages

[​IMG]

#46     Dec 20, 2019
    d08, murray t turtle and maxinger like this.
  7. maxinger

maxinger

very creative.

lots of entangled spaghetti and ...

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

#47     Dec 20, 2019
  8. %%
    Good play on words. Solomon Cohen named one his funds, The Gazelle Fund [Not an ad; its an illustration]:cool::cool:, :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

#48     Dec 23, 2019
  9. maxinger

maxinger

bible
    - it keeps on repeating the same thing, same topic, same issue over and over and over again
    hundreds of times within a book and across many books

so that we can REMEMBER.

trading
    - we have to repeatedly keep on telling ourselves to be calm, patient, confident, alert, and mindful hundreds of times within a day and across many weeks months years

so that we can REMEMBER.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    #49     Jun 17, 2020
  10. Matthew 7:6(NLT). "6“Don’t waste what is holy on people who are unholy.e Don’t throw your pearls to pigs! They will trample the pearls, then turn and attack you."

trading: Don't share your good stock picks, or posts P&Ls or give advice less the trolls accuse you of being fake and tear you to pieces on the forum.

Did I come close or a word salad?

#50     Jun 21, 2020
    userque, murray t turtle and maxinger like this.