Simex Pit traders

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by BlueHorseshoe, Mar 15, 2003.

1. Yes, this is a long shot but have to ask:

Do we have any current or former Simex floor traders on Elitetrader?

Or any other floor traders at one of the exchanges in Asia?

Thanks.

2. def

def Sponsor

what do you need to know ?

3. Hi Def,

If you are able to make an appropriate introduction I would be most grateful.

I've all but completed the application for floor trader on Simex. Expect to attend the ~1 week training course within the next 2-3 months, then have to decide if this is something I really want to do. Even if I elect not to trade in the pits, the training and decision processes should be of some value in and of themselves.

It would be invaluable to meet/know an experienced trader on the floor ahead of taking the plunge. Perhaps I could briefly shadow someone on the floor while I was in Singapore, or take them out for lunch or dinner. I would want to make sure my expectations are grounded in reality and that there is a fit with my interests.

Thanks.

Blue

4. SGX DRAM Futures
    DRAMs (Dynamic Random Access Memory) are semiconductor memory chips that are used in a growing array of electronics products. They are necessary components in computers and computer-related equipment, and are increasingly needed in communication, entertainment and digital appliances. As DRAM prices exhibit a high level of volatility, manufacturers and users of DRAM today are faced with mounting difficulties in their production planning and pricing. With the introduction of DRAM Futures, such difficulties can be overcome efficiently and cost-effectively.

5. More likely this one:

"The Nikkei 225 Futures traded at a record volume of 128,910 contracts on 12 March 2003, surpassing its previous record of 116,762 contracts set on 13 Sept 2001."

The Simex Nikkei trades at a US$20 spread. The Eurodollar and Taiwan index pits are also busy.

6. def

def Sponsor

I know of a few ex-SIMEX pit traders (mostly brokers) but they are now based in Hong Kong. I'll talk to one of them today and see if he's willing to talk/communicate with you. He should be I'll PM you later today with contact details.