Sim trading p&l 2009

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Michael.jstocks, May 8, 2009.

1. pretty poor trading.
    miraculously managed to end the day VERY SLIGHTY positive:- $12 baby! :cool:

edit: not letting me upload my blotter like i usually do....:confused:

#31     May 19, 2009
  2. Eric J

Eric J

A sim p/L sounds good , I'll participate . Almost all my trades are overnights and swing trades with a 2 lot .

+ $555 on the YM today

#32     May 19, 2009
  3. +267.60

Another good day. Caught the huge bump on BEAT for most of my gains today.

#33     May 19, 2009
  4. If you drew a chart of your last 3 days trading today would be the bullish doji or hammer reversal! it's all up from here! :)

#34     May 19, 2009
  5. lol :D - doubt it!
    Funny though....I used to wonder about that. Like if your equity curve was making a clear 'head and shoulders' pattern, about to crash, you could maybe expect your trading method to have a bad spell, and could then take the opposite of all of the trades that trigger! ?? ......

#35     May 20, 2009
  6. done
    plus $270.50

#36     May 20, 2009
  7. Eight

Eight

(200)

This is getting ridiculous. Now I'm sort of at the point where the strategy is defined really well but I could not adjust to this really slow market and I let it just sort of torture me.. the good thing is that I don't have to work on the chart setup, the order hotkeys, etc. at all anymore and I'm devoting less and less time to developing the strategy and more time to the screen. I'm working more on adjusting to the pace than anything right now and once that's behind me... really, once I learn to pay close attention to the market... I'm good to go... at some point sim trading will become counter productive because it doesn't foster attentiveness, it's just play money...

#37     May 20, 2009
  8. + $109.30

Got out early today. I don't trust this market right now, I think we're way overextended on the long side.

#38     May 20, 2009
  9. Eric J

Eric J

- $140 on the YM today

I wasnt at the screen to pull the trigger but this was the only signal I got today .

#39     May 20, 2009
  10. Sims only work if you have specific plan for entry, exits, stops etc.
    Otherwise it is detrimental to your development.

John

#40     May 20, 2009