Silver's a BUBBLE!

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Hansel H, Mar 24, 2011.

1. It always amazes me when i hear the gold bug types predicting gold and silver will do this and that, correct here and then go to this and that level. That's ridiculous noone can predict a matrket with such accuracy, frankly the promoters of all sorts in^the PM markets have no credibility. It's a bubble and a big one especially in Silver. I was amazed when I read silver supply is 55 % taken up by the ETF. I think it's outrageous, silver is actually an industrial metal, and this bubble is raising prices for the industry.
    It's obvious these ETF's should have not been approved, they were an invention of the World Gold Council , it's all a scheme to make money for the mining industry one of the most disgusting industry in the world, exploiting the poors and destroying the environment. But anyway silver is in a climactic run , I think it has some room to the upside but who cares, at those levels anything can happen. Shorting is the safer bet here. The fact that silver 's supply constraints only come from investment demand is telling you that this is a bubble. IMO margin should be raised, and postion limits should be set for those funds, with an orderly shutdown of all of them sometime down the road.

#31     Apr 11, 2011
  2. So to speak. Bought ZSL Friday and this morning and sold this afternoon for a small % gain. Looking for trades now and then until we get the final frenzy (IMO) at which point I'll load up with ZSL and hold.

#32     Apr 11, 2011
  3. Silver is not a bubble and silver should be north of $80 and there is a logical explanation for why. Let me ask you this...suppose you had 1 orange and 3 apples. The orange costs $3....how much should the apples cost then? $1 right? Because the ratio of apples to oranges is 3 to 1 so you can deduce the price(all things being equal). Well silver occurs naturally at 17.5 to 1 to gold. So if gold is $1470 per oz, how much should silver be? It should be $84.

#33     Apr 12, 2011
  4. nameless

nameless

Iridium is a lot rarer than Gold or even platinum. yet it's only selling for 1k. What's you explanation?

#34     Apr 12, 2011
  5. nameless

nameless

Iridium is a lot rarer than gold or even platinum, but is still selling at 1k. What's your take?

#35     Apr 12, 2011
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

so am i to understand the drop in silver has been attributed to the rather large short bet in SLV just made?

something doesnt seem right with that.

#36     Apr 12, 2011
  7. North Korea is that way -->

[​IMG]

#37     Apr 12, 2011
  8. Should have held your ZSL.

#38     Apr 13, 2011
  9. MKTrader

MKTrader

Iridium has never been considered an unofficial reserve currency people buy in times of instability and/or when they don't trust central bankers. Pretty simple stuff.

#39     Apr 13, 2011
  10. Less demand than the supply pushes prices down. How many people in the world want/need iridium vs how many people want/need gold or silver?

#40     Apr 13, 2011