Silver...

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by scriabinop23, Feb 11, 2009.

1. You are on ignore now. I recommend you do the same with me. That way, you don't have to be distracted by anything but nonsense.

#11     Feb 17, 2009
  2. Magna

Magna Administrator

Just a minor correction here, it's Pre 1965 dimes and quarters, not just pre64. That also applies to Pre 1965 half-dollars. And also Pre 1971 silver-dollars. All of the above are 90% silver. Finally, half-dollars 1965-1970 are 40% silver, not nearly as good, but not bad.

[LATER EDIT: A little more information on silver dollars. The last true 90% silver ones minted for general circulation were the Peace Dollar in 1935. All early silver dollars may well have collectors' value above the silver content. And, of course, there's the American Silver Eagle coins, first minted in 1986, and containing 99.9% silver. I guess you could call them a "silver dollar" since they do have that nominal value and it says ONE DOLLAR right on the coin. But those beauties are worth considerably more and are generally the most desirable of all the currently minted silver "dollars".]

#12     Feb 18, 2009
  3. Good point. Gold and Silver are not the only things going up in price. So are guns. Be sure to get one before the new administration outlaws them!

#13     Feb 18, 2009
  4. Bump. I'd say quite the opposite now. Silver is leading gold.

Interesting if you look at the ET threads on metals, there are a bunch around the first time they announced QE, and now there is talk of gold.

But silver is the real performer... And no talk of it. For some reason, I think we're in the third inning of the precious metals move. I think it may be in the making of a perfect bubble (in real terms, relative to other assets) --- every fundamental reason to own it is there.

#14     May 29, 2009
  5. This is right on. My thoughts exactly ....

#15     May 29, 2009